2001 ford ranger clutch slave cylinder - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Ranger Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Ranger Forum Forum for discussion of the Ford Ranger.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2005, 16:39   #1 (permalink)

2001 ford ranger clutch slave cylinder

My clutch slave cylinder went out on my 2001 ranger. I am just wondering if anyone knows if there is a better replacement than the plastic ford part.
RenoRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-12-2005, 18:11   #2 (permalink)
***** Idiot....

Re: 2001 ford ranger clutch slave cylinder

Not that I am aware of. I only know of the AC Delco part, which should be the same one that Ford uses.
LunaticSVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 18:49   #3 (permalink)

Ok, thanks. I was hoping maybe there was a different one, but oh well. This shop is in the process of putting a third one in from ford in the past few days. I got to drive it for a day and found out really quick that it wasnt right. They told that was the second they have put in and said they cant seem to bleed it right. I found out now that my 4WD wont work now either. They are trying to tell me its the control module. The thing is that it was all working before i put it in the shop and it just makes me wonder. Thanks for the help.
Old 01-12-2005, 19:00   #4 (permalink)

Damn I would make sure that the shop fixes this problem. If you are not getting any satisfaction, which it looks like you are not, then I would take it to another shop and have them diagnose and give an estimate for repairs. The original shop will be responsible for the corrective repairs.

As far as it being a control module issue, take it to Ford and have them diagnose that. They can give you a diagnosis without repair. That will tell you if it is the control module or not.

Dont let the shop take ya. Also, check with the BBB to see if there have been any complaints filed on the shop you are at now.

Just my $10 worth.
Ranger04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 19:26   #5 (permalink)

Well the reason i am using this shop is because back in early december i took my truck to a body shop to get repaired after a i was involved in a four car pile up after the first snow. They told me to come in because they couldnt get to go in gear. I came in and we found out the slave cylinder was leaking. So they had it send over to one their shops to be looked at. I'm getting a deal where i dont have to pay all of it upfront through the body shop. But if they dont fix it, I had planned on taking it to another shop and see if it was the mechanic's fault or not. It sucks that im out of a 4WD during the winter and all i have to drive is my ZX3 focus. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Ranger Forum