Ford Forums banner

2001 Ranger electrical problems

3K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  bigj2588 
#1 ·
I was TRYING to install an aftermarket steroe in my 2001 Ranger and I crossed some wires and now the Winshields wipers, windshield washer, and power windows...not to mention the stereo...don't work. I checked all the fuses and relays, but no luck. Can't find a wiring schematic anywhere! What's up with this? Any and all suggestions/ideas would be gratly appreciated.

#3 ·
jrinck said:
I was TRYING to install an aftermarket steroe in my 2001 Ranger and I crossed some wires and now the Winshields wipers, windshield washer, and power windows...not to mention the stereo...don't work. I checked all the fuses and relays, but no luck. Can't find a wiring schematic anywhere! What's up with this? Any and all suggestions/ideas would be gratly appreciated.
My only suggestion would be that if you've checked and replaced all fuses. And check with a tester, cause you can't always tell by looking would be to unplug the radio, and unplug the battery for about 10 mins. give it a shot

#4 ·
try a place called Helms, for your electrical/Service Manuals, its probably
the only place to find them...

jrinck said:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.