2001 Ranger takes dip in pond - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Ranger Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Ranger Forum Forum for discussion of the Ford Ranger.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-28-2011, 14:17   #1 (permalink)

2001 Ranger takes dip in pond

My 01 Ranger was at my friends house and needed to be moved. It had been sitting there for a couple of weeks. When they tried to start it the solenoid just clicked, so they just put it in gear and went to look for a booster pack.(DIDNT SET PARKING BRAKE) Truck rolled away and into a pond! After retrieving said truck from water and starting it (it didnt completely submerge, just to bottom of grill and water was in the floor of cab) My question is, my ABS light came on. How do I dianose where to remedy it? It had never came on before.
jmc3112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-28-2011, 19:10   #2 (permalink)
FF.com Administrator

Re: 2001 Ranger takes dip in pond

There are sensors at each wheel near the disc. Perhaps one of the wires were damaged when it went in the pond or when it was retrieved. Check that the wires are still connected to the sensors or if there is any damage to any of them. If there is nothing noticeable then it may be wise to get it checked by a shop. Perhaps it's the module. You don't want any issues with your brakes.
Old 08-28-2011, 22:01   #3 (permalink)

Re: 2001 Ranger takes dip in pond

There's also the speedometer/ABS sensor on top of the rear differential. Water could be changing the resistance at that connection. Some electronic cleaner or just appropriate disassembly and drying might solve the problem. By the way, my '99 has a 'vent' hose out the top of the diff, and if the back end of the truck got submerged you could get water in there.
b3nt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Ranger Forum