Ford Forums banner

'86 Ranger, looking for anti-rattle or weather strip for windows/doors

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  tomw 
#1 ·
1986 Ranger
2.3L 4-cyl.
2-wheel drive
Manual trans.

I have a 1986 ranger, with the weather stripping that connects to the top of the door completely gone. The window rattles and also water gets down into the inside doors.

I need something to prevent the rain and elements from rolling down the inside and destroying the speakers. I keep having to replace both speakers because of water damage. I have seen Baffles that encompass the speaker to protect, but have not seen them in years.

I called Autozone and pep boys, but they don't have anything.:eek: I'm afraid that FORD would charge an arm and a leg if they had such a thing anyway. Does anyone know where I could find such weather stripping? I may have to glue it down.

Thank you for any help! :bowd:

I just went to LMCtruck parts and they have a ANTI -RATTLE KIT for this year 4pcs. (inside x2+ outside x2) for $55.00. Is it possible to find this cheaper? Has anyone replaced this before and do you clip them, or glue them down. And more importantly, are these both the anti-rattle and weatherstrip to prevent the H20 damage inside the door?

See less See more
#4 ·
I think there are 3 different weatherstrips. There is one at the top of the window frame, a relatively short piece that is glued{?} in place, there are two at the 'beltline' of the window opening, inner and outer with rubber 'wipers' that contact the glass, there is a one-piece channel that guides the window glass and seals the glass around the inner perimeter of the window opening running from inside the door up and over to the other side of the window opening and down into the door again, and finally there is the strip that goes around the whole door.
Which do you want? LMC has some as does JC Whitney. They are not cheap. I need the window glass channel on my drivers door, but have put it off...
tom

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.