Ford Forums banner

88 ford ranger bucking

3K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  ford_ranger_88 
#1 ·
hey guys, i got a 88 ford ranger it has a bucking problem right around 3000 rpm, or sometimes sooner, i replaced the ignition module, the whole distributor, plug wires, distributor cap and rotor button, both fuel pump relays, one of the fuel pumps, the tps sensor, im all out of ideas, any ideas?...throw em' at me, if not, im fixing to sell it if i cant figure it out, thanx guys..

#2 ·
By bucking, do you mean a dead miss ? My son took his to dealership, they said he had a dead miss and they would have to tear engine down to find it. We declined and brought it home, turns out the dead miss was 3 cracks in the ceramic of the #1 spark plug, then determined lack of power was the catlytic converter. So much for leaving it to the experts. LOL

#6 ·
well, i appreciate the info guys, it was the pump on the frame, but now i have come across another problem, somethings killing my battery, and the only thing i can track to be out of whack, is my fuel guage is working with the key turned backwards (accessories) position, bad ground?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.