89 short bed standard features - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Ranger Forum Forum for discussion of the Ford Ranger.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-16-05, 03:13 PM Thread Starter
89 short bed standard features

My step brother is selling me his 89 shortbed 2.3L ranger. What are the standard features on it? Anti-lock brakes, A/C, cruise control, tilt wheel, anything?
Sponsored Links
post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-17-05, 02:16 AM
***** Idiot....
Re: 89 short bed standard features

I do know that Rear Antilock was standard. AC was an option. Tilt wheel should have been standard on the truck. Cruise I am unsure of, but assume it would have been an option on the trucks.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-14-05, 12:22 PM
Re: 89 short bed standard features

I've owned (2) 88 Rangers, both shortbed base models, own one of them right now. Also had an 87 2.3 FI shortbed for a few years I bought new. They were basic, no AC, no radio, rear ABS I believe, no tilt, but full gauges. My brother in law got one of the 88's new for $5998 and gave to me after he had worn it out. It later started spewing oil and I gave it to a friend who replaced a cracked ring and still drives it. The 88 I have now came from a neighbor's uncle who bought it new, has factory AC as an add on and I think sale price on the receipt was $7200 or so. Both actually came with a carb 2.0 Toyota engine, even though a FI 2.3 was available in prior years. If it has tilt and any more equipment than what I have described, you've got options, although they ditched the carb motor in 89, I think, so the 2.3 FI was standard.

Sponsored Links

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Ranger Forum
Gear in this thread - Powered by O'Reilly Auto Parts