92 Ranger Fire - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Ranger Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Ranger Forum Forum for discussion of the Ford Ranger.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-2006, 20:17   #1 (permalink)

frown 92 Ranger Fire

Hey everybody im new to this forum but i have been on another one.
Well i am 16 first of all and i had a 92 ford ranger and i installed my cd player and i had a 12 inch subwoofer. well i got tired of the sub so i took it out. i tool the power wire completely out, and the ground wire completely out, and the rca red and white cable completely out, and the power antenna (blue) wire i cut it flush how the factory sent my radio and just to be safe i taped it up with electrical tape. But the next day i went to school and out to lunch and when i got back and took my keys out of my ignition it started to smoke through the vents and from underneath the steering wheel column. So i looked underneath the dash and it was right next to the round steering wheel that goes through the firewall it was just to the right of that up near the guages and all those wires. So i took my radio out and looked at all the connections and everything was fine. and when i looked under the dash again there was a small fire so i got a teacher and they called 911. But it was too late when they got there it took from the middle of my hood to the end of my toolbox. i lost it all. But my dad is mad because he thinks it was my speaker but the only wire that i had to cut was the power antenna (blue) wire. And my older brother-in-law and everybody else said that it should not have been hot beacuse if the factory just sends it flush cutted then that wasn't it. But i wonder if when i took my keys out of the ignition and it started smoking if it was something with the ignition. Does anybody have any idea of what i should do. Insurance wont give me anything for it either. And my truck is in the junkyard now.
Bye Bye Truck
Thanks for any ideas so i can prove to my dad it wasn't my fault.
Thanks
Alex
rebel115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-14-2006, 19:40   #2 (permalink)
Always the student

Re: 92 Ranger Fire

I've heard of fords having several places where there has been many cases of fires. Ignition switch,(electrical part on the column, not the key cylinder),coil, and alternator. I personally had one ford catch on fire and my 1985 F150 almost did. wasn't sure where the problem was for sure so I replaced switch and coil. I also had to replace some burnt wires.

Of course I can't say it is or is not your fault but I have heard of problems with fords. Maybe it was just bad timing.
thefonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Ranger Forum