Ford Forums banner

93 Ford Ranger power cut out motor

2K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  iracekx 
#1 ·
The problem I am having is in my brothers 1993 Ranger with the V6. I am asking for some help I have a guess what the problem might be. I think that I might know what it is because the similar thing happened to my 2.3 1991 Ranger. When you are driving the motor from time to time will bog and loose power. Well with mine before I got to the problem and fixed it I replaced fuel pump, filter, coil packs and plugs and wires. Then come to find out it was the DIS module.

Well with the my brothers truck it is doing the same thing with the bogging. You sometimes can have the gas pedal to the floor and only be doing 55mph. He just got it out of the shop for replacing the fuel filler hose. While they were in there he told them about the problem. They went in and put new plugs and wires in and new fuel filter. Right now I do not have access to a fuel pressure gauge and do not really want to buy one at this time. According to the Chilton's manual for his truck he does not have a DIS module. He is suppose to have a EDIS-6 which I located that. The Chilton manual says there is also a EEC-IV module which I can not find. Is the EDIS-6 module notorious for going out like the DIS module? The truck only has 44k miles on it. If you need anymore info please let me know. Maybe there is a way to meter the EDIS-6 module to see if it is bad or not. Thanks for your help in advance.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.