94 4L engine Swap Strange Problem HELP - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Ranger Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Ranger Forum Forum for discussion of the Ford Ranger.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2009, 10:12   #1 (permalink)

94 4L engine Swap Strange Problem HELP

New to this Forum, but not new to Ford FORUMS, my son and I just swapped out a 94 4L V6 non EGR'd or likely non California engine for an EGR equipped 94 4L V6 low miles complete engine. Install went smoothly EXCEPT the Ignition Key will NOT turn over the engine or engage the Starter. Fuel pump runs up etc.....but in order to start the engine we must Hot Wire the starter.....????
Swap out was done since my son drove the truck till it died and died hard when Engine Coolant leaked out totally......Grrrr

I am at a loss as to what the issue is??????

Anyone who has a solution or suggestion we are open to anything here. It should be something real simple!?!??!

GARY
Stanley Idaho
Very remote from any service assistance!!!!
ggadwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-14-2009, 19:30   #2 (permalink)
2002 F150 XLT

Re: 94 4L engine Swap Strange Problem HELP

If you get a Chilton manual, they have very good wiring diagrams to follow. That should help. Post back if you need any more info.
Bert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 07:53   #3 (permalink)

Still having to hot wire the darn Ranger to start it. Keep wondering if the ECM is involved??? Clutch Safety switch is ok....tried two separate starters and have checked the wiring to the Starter numerous numerous times?????
Still stumped!?!?!?!?!

Going to travel 130 miles to the big city of Boise this next week and will try to pickup a Chiltons manual.

GARY
Old 11-15-2009, 08:56   #4 (permalink)
2002 F150 XLT

I wish I had a diagram for that year, I'd post it for you to follow. I don't think the ECM is involved. More than likely a connection problem. Pin pushed out or change from Cal to yours in the harness.
Old 11-15-2009, 09:07   #5 (permalink)

Thanks for the thoughts....this one is really bugging me....mean while my son is hot wiring his Ranger under the hood every time he wants to go anywhere.....
Ridiculous.....
Minus 5 in Stanley this morning....only four inches of the white stuff so far...

GARY
Old 11-15-2009, 09:13   #6 (permalink)
2002 F150 XLT

Can you order a manual.You could order from our sponsor Rock Auto. You can get a discount as a member. The Chilton has better wiring diagrams.

I lived in Michigan, left at 18, don't miss that stuff AT all.

Bert
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Ranger Forum