94 Ranger... burning fuses... - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Ranger Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Ranger Forum Forum for discussion of the Ford Ranger.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2006, 09:32   #1 (permalink)
Multi Car Member

94 Ranger... burning fuses...

Hey all...

Jeez... I haven't been around in years (literally!) I've got a problem with my 94 Ranger XLT (4.0 V6) and I hope someone can help.

Just this past weekend, the ABS light began flashing in a repeating pattern. In doing some research I found out that it is just a blown fuse, and sure enough... the ABS fuse was blown. So as I'm driving to the auto parts store to buy fuses last night, I notice that my brake lights AND my dashboard lights are out as well.

I buy a couple new fuses and replace the burned one. The ABS light stops flashing AND my tail and dash lights come back on.... for about 30 seconds. I hear a POP and they all go out, and the ABS starts flashing again. Replace brand new blown fuse, and it happens again.

So what is up? Why does this one fuse keep blowing? Don't know if it is related in any way, but my cruise control stopped working years ago. I read somewhere that the ABS and cruise are somehow related? Don't know if that is true or not.

Any help would be appreciated. I can't drive at night until I get this fixed. (Of course, that forces me to drive the Mustang, which isn't a total bad thing. :))

Graeme
click the links to view vehicles
graeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-06-2006, 23:04   #2 (permalink)
Unregistered

Re: 94 Ranger... burning fuses...

Well.... first things first... the is most likely a short somewhere.... I have a short in my ranger... NONE of the interior lights work, except for my stereo.... and thats because it isnt the original :p
Old 02-21-2006, 12:45   #3 (permalink)

Re: 94 Ranger... burning fuses...

do you have a trailer connector or adapter., are your tailamp bulbs and sockets and third brake lamp ok? the only correlation between lamps and abs and cruise control that i am aware of is the brake lamp switch and signal., i know the cruise control module monitors the brake light circuit and will fail to set if the resistance or voltage levels are wrong.
bnelectron is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Ranger Forum