95 B2300 Mazda - Wont go above 3000 RPM - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Ranger Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Ranger Forum Forum for discussion of the Ford Ranger.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2009, 21:29   #1 (permalink)

95 B2300 Mazda - Wont go above 3000 RPM

(1995 B2300 Mazda/Ford)
I seem to be having a lack of power issue.. which i've gone throught the whole deal of changing the plugs. about to change the 2 coil packs and plug wires. after doing a whole lot of reading. I'm almost positive about the Upper and Lower intake manifold gaskets, which seem to have been causing alot of problems for other owners.
symptoms:
- *code #2 plug misfired* replaced plugs. still need to replace the wires.
- rough idle, rpm's during idle are below 1000 (maybe sitting at 800-600 RPMS) 'thinking about changing the plug wires, couldnt hurt'
- wont go above 3000 rpm's, trying to go above just makes the motor sound bogged down. drops rpms to 2600 then back to 3000 while still holding the gas peddel. (think this is intake manifold related, gasket replacement?)
- lack of power during acceleration, takes alittle bit to get over 30 mph.
will be checking the IAC and the fuel presure regulator next.

Any ideas ?
Tekkenm2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-22-2009, 08:45   #2 (permalink)
canuck

Re: 95 B2300 Mazda - Wont go above 3000 RPM

Fuel pressure test, and then replace the IAC and TPS. They should help, if not solve the problem. A shop can better diagnose the possibility of having faulty intake gaskets.

IAC - idle air controller
TPS - throttle position sensor; can vary rpms at speed without cause
'99 Taurus 3.0L 2V Vulcan 145hp; 154,300m - Traded
Amsoil in all vehicles!
360ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 19:44   #3 (permalink)

my work has been pretty hecktic, but will get the chance coming up here soon. I'm mostly a do-it-yourself kinda person. taking into a shop is a waste for me, personaly.
IAC can be removed and cleaned. the TPS would be a good item to replace, doubt its ever been replaced. I'll have to look up the fuel pressure test, and how too's. really curious to see what its pressure is @ 3000 rpm vs 2500.. really hope for a fualty fuel pump. =) thanks for the tips, I'll update as soon as i know something more.
Tekkenm2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 09:39   #4 (permalink)

TPS is a good place to start-when it is faulty, it will read as a closed throttle no matter what position it is-the brain can not compensate esp. at higher rpms and during acceleration. A set of wires is also good as this may be the cause of your misfire code. Important because a cylinder not firing can cause unburnt fuel to pass into the exhaust system and destroy the cat. converter.
jimbot58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Ranger Forum