95 ranger fuel injector told to stay open???? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Ranger Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Ranger Forum Forum for discussion of the Ford Ranger.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-23-2008, 20:22   #1 (permalink)

95 ranger fuel injector told to stay open????

Ok, first time poster. I have a 95 Ranger with a 2.3ltr 4 cylinder. The #1 fuel injector is stuck open. It’s is dumping fuel into the engine. I replaced the injector and the problem is still there. I then tested it with a “Noid light”, well it stays lit (solid). #2, 3 and 4 are flashing like they are suppose to. But #1 is solid. If I plug it back onto the injector I get raw fuel coming out of the tail pipe and my eyes burn from the amount of fuel being used. (¼ tank got me 20 miles). Before I replaced the injector, I replaced plugs, wires, fuel filter. Had both coils tested (getting spark), and did compression test, looked and listened for vacume leaks, and all ok. I’m getting code, and only 1 code [(P0301) cylinder #1 misfire] and I’m really confused. It looks to me that the injector is being told to stay open. Like I said though #’s 2.3 and 4 are firing perfectly. Oh, this problem started two days ago and happened in a flash. I’m thinking it the main computer. But I could use any input.
Thanks
Doug
Douggil is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-30-2008, 18:02   #2 (permalink)

Re: 95 ranger fuel injector told to stay open????

I would suspect something wrong with the distributor. If the computer gets a signal that #1 is ready for fuel injection then it would inject fuel. There's an armature in the distributor that has a smaller spacing on the #1 cylinder. There might be a problem there.

I was told that the computer hardly ever goes bad, this was from a junkyard owner/truck repair tech.

I just had a problem with my distributor and the truck wouldn't start. I had to rebuild the distributor.
g_k50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 13:43   #3 (permalink)
Supporting Vendor

Re: 95 ranger fuel injector told to stay open????

Try removing the ECU and measure the resistance from the injector to ECU wire to ground. It should be very high, nearly infinite. If it is only a few ohms, you have a short in the wiring harness. If it is normal, your ECU is hosed.
Matt Cramer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Ranger Forum