98 Ranger Check Engine Light - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Ranger Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Ranger Forum Forum for discussion of the Ford Ranger.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-17-2004, 05:29   #1 (permalink)

98 Ranger Check Engine Light

My Check Engine light came on yesterday. Normally I would have it in the shop first thing this morning, however, we have been in a cold snap and I gassed up the day before after letting my tank get too low. I was wondering if some condensation would have caused this? Any suggestions on what to try before putting it in the shop?
Advertisement

Old 01-10-2005, 11:13   #2 (permalink)

Re: 98 Ranger Check Engine Light

No dude that wouldnt have made it go on. You proly have a burned or frozen O2 sensor some where, and check engien lights are a load of bullshit anyway, I have an 88 ranger and the check engien light has been on for longer than I can remeber, Infact I belive the actual light bulb that eluminates the check engien sign on mine has finaly burned out. lol
MaddModerModa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2005, 16:55   #3 (permalink)

Take the truck to autozone and have them scan it for you for free. it will tell you if you have any codes that caused the CEL.

You can have them clear it and if there is a problem it will re-engage the CEL withing 30 miles.

The Codes can give you a starting point of where to look for your problems.
Ranger04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2005, 18:01   #4 (permalink)
MidnightRider

yeah, never worry bout the check engine light, just watch the oil pressure and engine temp guages, thats all ya need. I'm drivin a '92 ranger with 225,000 miles, my dad's old truck, accordin to him light's been on since 75,000, so trust me/us, its ok. But if u really want to fix it, u should do one of two things: ONE check for a blown fuse, or TWO (which is what i recommend) go to your local auto parts store and buy a service manual for your truck, follow the instructions on how to get to the check engine light, and clip the wires to it. hope this helps. Later.
MidnightRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Ranger Forum