98 Splash - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Ranger Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Ranger Forum Forum for discussion of the Ford Ranger.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2006, 09:34   #1 (permalink)

confused 98 Splash

I have a 98 Ranger Splash 4x4 with a 3.0 5 speed.It has 175k miles on it and Im starting to get a bit of a noise out of the motor.Broinlaw said was scarred berring.Yes he's Ford cert mechanic.Where can I get a factory fresh motor to replace my motor.Or should I look for a rebuilt one for it?It still runs ok,but kinda low on power.
jaeger256 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-21-2006, 18:40   #2 (permalink)
Unregistered

Re: 98 Splash

3.0's suck man when it comes to power. at least stock ones...i never heard anything about any of them with power add-ons, except for air intakes. i guess it supposedly helps out pretty descently. but i honestly dout that it makes that big of a difference. if your gonna spend the money on a rebuilt or new motor, i would go 4.0 or a possible late model 5.0 and have someone else do the swap for you. hell of alot more bang for the buck.

if you wanna go the other route, you can always go to one of the dealers, or i'm sure someone at jegs could help you out though. don't mean to be a downer, but you said yourself.... they don't make much power. even the new ones.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Ranger Forum