air intake 02 ranger - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
¬Ľ Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Ranger Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Ranger Forum Forum for discussion of the Ford Ranger.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-15-2003, 22:30   #1 (permalink)

air intake 02 ranger

any one know some information on air intakes for the 4.0 engine in a 2002 ford ranger
bcschreib is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-16-2003, 03:39   #2 (permalink)

biggrin

What info would you be looking for?
89F150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2003, 09:27   #3 (permalink)

Re: air intake 02 ranger

well i just bought the truck and i want to start doing some upgrades to it. i herd if i upgrade the air intake i would increase the gas mileage and horsepower. I just dont know where to get a decent one that i would be happy with. I also want to upgrade the chip someday.
bcschreib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2003, 22:30   #4 (permalink)

Ok, where to start. There are many air intakes out there. Try searching for K&N or Air Force One
With just the intake alone, you are not going to see much difference in horsepower. If you go ahead with the chip and also go with eletric fans and exhaust thats where you should find your big performance.
Old 05-12-2004, 22:54   #5 (permalink)
97 F-150 XL 4x4

first of all that looks like a 2004 F-150 avitar you got there 89 !
whats up with that ?
secondly you can gain like 10 or 12 hp from a cold air intake on a V-6 alone !
you can gain another 9 hp with an underdrive pulley.
i could go on and on !

have a look around here and you will get some ideas.
http://ftw.truckmoxie.com/forums/for...-447-n-intakes

also bcschreib, anybody that i have heard from say to get the superchip programmer instead of a chip because it will tune for the mods you have and if you change something later its just a matter of pushin a few button again to retune !
chips are burned and thats it unless you have it reburned.

also when you come across some sucker like 89f150 that thinks his truck is fast you can go to the gas station and fill up with premium the plug in and tune for MAX perf and go meet back up and smoke him then when you get done laughing retune back to normal economy fuel.

351W SLAPS 89F150 UPSIDE THE HEAD WITH A SUPERCHIP TUNER
Old 05-13-2004, 02:42   #6 (permalink)

Owwww that hurt. I felt like a i wanted to change my avatar, so i did. Didn't have any other good photos so i just put up a truck i liked.
Where i live there are hardly any f series trucks around so i havn't really had any races, so i don't really know how well my truck does against any other trucks. It feels fast to me but if i did have the oppurtunity to race any other truck i'd probably have a different view as i'd see them pull away from me as i sit there thinking up an excuse as to why i was slower. However there is an F100 with a 6 or 7 litre (Don't know what) Chevy Diesel (bloody loser) that is in my town which hands my ass to me. Whenever i drive with it, i feel really slow but thats about the only time i feel like i'm running a shitbox. There are other F100s in town but never had the chance to run with them. Until then i'll think im the fastest F 150 in my area.
<b>89F150 slaps a sticker on 351w's forehead. "The heartbeat stops here".</b> I wonder how much i would need to spend to be able to catch and race this F100???
Old 05-13-2004, 20:15   #7 (permalink)
97 F-150 XL 4x4

you need one of those bumper stickers that reads when the tailgate drops the bull***t stops but you have that cap to weigh you down too.
lots of F series around here, actually there are so many that i seen atleast 6 that were just like mine. so thats why i went with the graphics kit for mine.

i dont think it would take a whole lot to beat a deisel because they are not to good at rapid acceleration without some serious mods they are more geared toward stump pullin.
Old 05-17-2004, 10:30   #8 (permalink)

cool Re: air intake 02 ranger

Unless you add a chip and headers (JBA, and pricey) I don't think it will make a difference. IMO the cone units will just suck in hot underhood air anyway. Better to put a K&N in the stock airbox and hog out the silencer.
http://www.cardomain.com/id/johnnyo
JohnnyO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2004, 15:38   #9 (permalink)
Ford Member

eek Re: air intake 02 ranger

I don't know what exactly you mean by "hog out" the silencer. If you mean take out the restrictive plastic tube from your airbox, be careful. I took mine out completely and I ended up getting a filter full of mud!
keeneyjj is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Ranger Forum