Yeah ,I guess after 6 years,my 2002 Ranger XLT 3.0L 4X4 offroad ,battery,was dead today.So I'm proceeding to charge it at 2 amps.I have a pretty "new" Exide Megacell battery charger/booster,optional voltage/charge rate:10/2 amp.I have it set on 2 amps now,but had it on 10 and the meter needle was "flickering" and the green LED,that supposedly tells the charge is full?AIN'T SO! I had to add an empty clean Dish detergent 25 fl. ounce bottle of "good" water.I had a New Hydrometer also,AND it showed full chage too!Before I added water too!The water,however,was ,above the plates ,when I started out.Filled cells to "split ring".Is this gonna take ALL day? Now I,like many of us,worked years in a service station,and have some knowledge?Been a LOOOOOOOG time since I charged MY battery(OEM),on this Ranger. I know I should go "down"(80 mile roundtrip) to get a "new" one,but I think I can "bring this back"? I got a black and Decker Booster/portable 12 volt power pack too,and it worked fine.Started her up,drove around the Trailer Park,Parked it,and NO! I didn't expect it to be charged back up.I just want yoose folks to give me that confidence,that I did everything I could,UNTIL,I go to get a NEW one? Like I say,been a loooooong time since I had a battery/replaced/go dead! I cleaned the terminals,etc.,nothing unusual either.Think I'll bring this battery ,"Back To Life"? Thanks Learning ,ALL OVER AGAIN!