Ford Forums banner

Bleeding Clutch Hydraulics! Help!

2K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  mgilbe1 
#1 ·
Alright...new tranny, clutch, slave, and master on '93 2.3L 2WD Ranger. Been trying to bleed for 4 days using the conventional "friend in the cab pumping ( Up.....down....up....down...), with me underneath opening the bleed screw and getting DOT leaked on me for 4 days! I've had it! Help!

There are no more bubbles coming out but clutch wont disengage. I even replaced the slave thinking it was leaking, it's not. The bearing moves at very most the Haynes minimum of 0.42 Inches, but never a mm more, and sometimes less.

Do I need to replace the line between the master and slave like Chilton's says? That makes no sense..!?!

Tonight I am thinking their must be air in the master. It is pointing upright...a perfect place for an air pocket. Next is too mickey-mouse some water-pump-turned-DOT3-pump to force brake fluid into it and hopefully push out some bubbles, but this is messy and may damage seals.

What if I take off the master and invert to so the air comes up to the reservoir when pushed by hand?

Thanks.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.