CEL with Idle issue. - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Ranger Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Ranger Forum Forum for discussion of the Ford Ranger.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2008, 08:36   #1 (permalink)
Isuzu Guru.

CEL with Idle issue.

2003 Ranger XLT 2WD 4.0L V6: CEL light is on and has a slight idle issue. Doesnt stall, just idles kinda rough, and sometimes the CEL flashes on and off very quickly. Truck has: 6 New Injector's, 2 new Cat's, O2 Sensors, Fuel Filter. and some other new parts. I did not do the work, the FORD dealer here did. They have no Idea what is causing it. I just bought the Truck off a very good friend who needed the cash for a new 4WD 2004 Ford F-150 with 26K miles. It never stalls, above 2400 RPM you dont even feel the idle issue and runs good. I would like to figure it out, and get it fixed. We both figured that FORD would at least have gotten close to it, but they just want to keep throwing parts at it and never solving the problem. I do know its a "Flex Fuel" motor, Can be Run on E85 or Regular Gas.

Any Ideas would be great, This is the First Ford I have owned and I like it, the seats are soooo comfortable for my Back.. Loving it. Thanks Guys. hoping its a vacuum line that is routed wrong.
Gibson Exhaust.
Euro Tails.
20" wheels w/ 255-35-20 Tires.
Hunter Certified Alignment Tech.
Isuzu Guru.
88SuperTrooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Ranger Forum