Ford Forums banner

ford ranger 2008 xlt 2,5 (tdi ?) (4wd)

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  360ci 
#1 ·
After a 700km ( 500miles ) i have a destroyed clutch ,
clutch disc was in pieces, pressure plate was bend, driving was normal no foot on cluth ... It was changed but now even with driving on straight i have a strong smel of burning cluth, it there a way that is wrong somthing else. I have a another sympthon, when i'n 2wheel mode and i put in reverse rearwhealblockade turn's on.

#2 ·
What's that?

Anyway, was this work performed at the dealer? If so as it's a new vehicle you should be covered under the powertrain warranty. It's not normal for a clutch to go that fast by any means, but if there is a similar vehicle available at the dealer for a test drive, take it out and see how it compares to yours. Something at the factory might not have been aligned/installed correctly and was overlooked when the transmission was fixed.

I'd get the trans fluid change if you still smell as if something's burning. It's better to be safe than sorry. Be sure to get it done at a good, reputable shop. A local drive-thru oil change place isn't the best to go to for this. Some can't even change oil properly. There are even synthetic oils you can use in the manual transmissions - I'd go with one of those.

A while back a local paper published that ATF (automatic transmission fluid) was installed in a 5 speed GMC Canyon (compact truck). The transmission was shot that afternoon and the owner took legal action!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.