Ford Ranger having trouble starting - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Ranger Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Ranger Forum Forum for discussion of the Ford Ranger.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2010, 03:43   #1 (permalink)

Ford Ranger having trouble starting

How is everyone? Im having a problem with my Ranger, this is what it is doing. When i drive it runs perfectly fine other than the fact that it needs some brake work ok, i will get home and let it sit all night go to sleep and wake up in the morning to go to work and it will not start. it is a 94 for ranger 4.0 v6 with about 230xxx miles on it.. now on the fuel rail line there is a little pressure gauge checker for the psi in the fuel line when i press that in nothing comes out of the fuel line attempt to start the truck fires right up any ideas on what could be the problem back injector fuel filter or something im a young mechanic just trying to figure out whats going on with my truck so i can get thru college lol please help someone
acarty13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-21-2010, 08:51   #2 (permalink)
2002 F150 XLT

Re: Ford Ranger having trouble starting

If there's no pressure at that fitting, it must not be getting fuel. Has the filter been replaced? When you turn the key to run, do you hear the fuel pump run for a few seconds? Starting after checking the fuel rail fitting is coincidental.
Old 01-21-2010, 09:43   #3 (permalink)

there is no pressure at the fitting correct, and fuel filter will be replaces tomorrow aftenoon sometime and i really cant tell if the fuel pump comes on im going to have someone help me the next time it does have them turn the key on while im under the tank lol

when u say it must not be getting fuel....when i push in the valve stem and release some pressure or whatevrer does and i ave already tried to start it and then i push it in and attempt to start it right after that is fires up everytime every single time
acarty13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 12:31   #4 (permalink)
2002 F150 XLT

You released some pressure? I thought there was no pressure. You should be able to hear the pump from inside if you listen closely. Try when it still runs to see what the sound is like. Don't start it, just turn it to run with no radio on. Every time it goes to run, you should hear it. The next time it won't start, go through the same movements as before, just don't open the valve. Then go back in and see if it starts. It may just be the time it takkes to go out there and when you come back, it starts.
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Ranger Forum