Originally Posted by dogjack
I have one on (passenager front side)leaking I need some help how to go about repalceing it is there any easy ideas or is it where I have to pull the engine to do it, any help is greatly appreciated Thanks dogjack Its A ranger 1987 2.9L
PS it it alot of work?, it looking like it behind the front motor mount?? Im not sure
I've only played with two freezeplugs at least 10 or 20 years ago... one had a square head, the other had a hex head. Probably yours is a hex set bolt??
(Disclaimer: I have no affiliation nor do I receive any renumeration for the product I'm about to suggest!
1. Go to a big-box auto parts store and get a can of Blaster! PB penatrant
2. While you're out and about pick up a new
freeze plug at your local Ford dealer.
3. Soak the plug on the engine about 4 or 5 times with Blaster! allowing time in between applications for it to "work" its magic.
4. Have a propane torch on hand to heat up the plug a bit before trying to loosen it. (do this in a well ventalated area- breathing hot Blaster! aint fun <G>!!)
5. Also, you might want to have both metric and SAE sockets on hand. Here in Cleveland we have enough ice, snow and salt to clear the winter roads that fasteners are rarely
reusable or of their original dimensions after enough years of service!
Hope that helps.....
God Bless...Mark Hein Cleveland Hts, OH
Website: The House of Hein
Web Design, Hosting & Domain Registration
All at REASONABLE Prices!