Had fun with a new Stang today - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Ranger Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Ranger Forum Forum for discussion of the Ford Ranger.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-14-2001, 15:22   #1 (permalink)
CobraSplash

Had fun with a new Stang today

I was rollin on expressway over towards our shop when this new yellow stang convrt rollin on knock off R's with a 4.6l pulled up next to me and the old guy notcied the cobra emblem and started laughing and goosed the throttle, I just sat there and goosed it right back, we slowed down to 25mph, we nodded and went, I hooked first and the truck kicked sideways on me, The stang was out about 1/2 a length, then the splash came back and semi hooked, well as good as it gets anyway, and we started making up ground, as I went by I smiled and waved to him, the look on his face was worth the gas it took. His eyes were big as the splash made her move, when I finally shutdown I had a few lengths on him and he was seeing bling bling as the tail lights went pop. He pulled up next to me looked at the Cobra Emblem again but didn't laugh this time, then looked at my cocky ass grin i had and just shook his head and smiled. Not too bad for a lil Ranger and another hard day of working the streets of BiZnOtCh. and I am sure he had as much fun reliving his street racing days of his youth. PLEASE NOTE THAT TEAM SMURF DOES NOT PROMOTE STREET RACING AND CONSIDER ALL TYPES OF RACING BETTER LEFT FOR THE TRACK. DURING THIS PARTICULAR EVENT NO TRAFFIC LAWS WERE BROKE GOING BY THE POSTED NHRA SPEED LIMIT OF 320 MPH
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-14-2001, 15:29   #2 (permalink)
ElwayLite

thats pretty funny, not bad too for a truck, since ya know trucks aint fast
Old 05-14-2001, 15:29   #3 (permalink)
CobraSplash

How tru trucks can't be fast man
Old 05-14-2001, 16:18   #4 (permalink)
Ben L

Yeah no ****, everyone knows that. He musta missed a shift. Are you sure he knew he was racing??? :gok:

Later,
Ben
Old 05-15-2001, 20:41   #5 (permalink)
Shinoda

ALL trucks are slow its impossible for them to be fast, come on man i thought you knew that.
Old 05-16-2001, 01:04   #6 (permalink)
Old Skool Member

DAMN boy! What are you running a Cobra engine in your Ranger?! I wonder if he was trying, unless you have some massive mods that you are not telling me about! LOL. Sounded like fun though. :thumbup:

1989 Mazda RX-7 Turbo II 13B-T "FC3S"
Turbo RWD Rotary Powa!
Vulcan Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2001, 06:12   #7 (permalink)
CobraSplash

Well if ya got the snake emblems on your truck ya best back em up or ya would just be another lil poser. I have a 95 cobra 5.0 dropped between the fenders.

Quote:
Originally posted by Vulcan Power
DAMN boy! What are you running a Cobra engine in your Ranger?! I wonder if he was trying, unless you have some massive mods that you are not telling me about! LOL. Sounded like fun though. :thumbup:
Old 05-16-2001, 07:37   #8 (permalink)
ElwayLite

Quote:
Originally posted by CobraSplash
Well if ya got the snake emblems on your truck ya best back em up or ya would just be another lil poser. I have a 95 cobra 5.0 dropped between the fenders.

hmmmm, cobra emblems, backin em up, poser, you wouldnt be tryin to describe anyone would ya
Old 05-16-2001, 09:54   #9 (permalink)
Ben L

Quote:
Originally posted by ElwayLite

hmmmm, cobra emblems, backin em up, poser, you wouldnt be tryin to describe anyone would ya
I don't know anyone like that... Nooooo... (Just half of Rangerforum.com) :gok:

Later,
Ben
Old 05-16-2001, 11:05   #10 (permalink)
Shinoda

Hmmmmmmmm now who would that be??????????????????????:damack:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Ranger Forum

Related Reading: Had fun with a new Stang today