Haunted turn signal - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Ranger Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Ranger Forum Forum for discussion of the Ford Ranger.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-13-2006, 15:53   #1 (permalink)

Haunted turn signal

Hi,
My '97 Ranger just developed a problem. If I'm going down the road and want to turn left, my front turn signal works fine. As soon as I step on the brake my turn signal light stays on (constant) as long as I have the brake applied, the signal light and noise stops inside the cab except for a dim constant indication from the left arrow. When I release the brake, it goes back to flashing as it should When I'm stopped with no turn signal switched on, applying the brake lights up my front signal - a front brake light is a good way to describe it.
I probably have a grounding problem somewhere - but sure could use some hints on how to go about searching.
Thanks,
Jamie

http://www.cartoonstrips.com
cartoonstrips is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-19-2006, 15:18   #2 (permalink)

Re: Haunted turn signal

I'm thinking about getting a new turn signal switch - but was hoping to get a bit of advice about this first. Should I try it?
Thanks,
Jamie.
cartoonstrips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 20:19   #3 (permalink)

Re: Haunted turn signal

Sometimes an intermittent filiment on a light bulb will drive you crazy. If it was me I'd replace all the lamps in the vehicle. Except the headlights.Probably time anyway. When you change the bulbs look in the sockets real carefully and check for corrosion in the sockets. If you see any pull the electrical harness off the back of the socket and check that too.
Raybo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Ranger Forum