help...what is wrong with my truck - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Ranger Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Ranger Forum Forum for discussion of the Ford Ranger.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2007, 14:16   #1 (permalink)

help...what is wrong with my truck

my truck hesitates and jerks on the highway. i had a check engine light on so i brought it to the shop. they said my coil was bad so i replaced it.i still have the same problem. this is what i have replaced so far : coil pack ,spark plugs and wires,air filter, fuel filter, and i did a seafoam treatment and cleaned the maf sensor. i don't know what else to do. the truck pings like crazy when i accelerate and it is hesitating and jerking. it seems like it gets worse when i run the a/c. any ideas of what this could be ? i even tried 2 different coils and it still does it. do you think i am just getting bad coils from autozone ?
psylo535 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-12-2007, 16:25   #2 (permalink)
issuer of free advice

Re: help...what is wrong with my truck

dont know till the code gets posted. with modern engines so finely tuned one sensor goes out and you are lucky it runs.
mre_power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 19:28   #3 (permalink)
Hi-Tech Redneck

mre_power is correct! We need the trouble codes to help ya!
Johnny Mullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 06:13   #4 (permalink)

well i wish the check engine light would come on because this is driving me crazy
Old 03-13-2007, 06:30   #5 (permalink)

Check the EGR for being sticky. It will make the engine run like it has bad spark plugs or wires if it is broken.
tom
tomw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 08:43   #6 (permalink)
Recless ranger

My truck is doning the same thing... Is it vibrate alot when it is not moving? If so it might be a problem in the transmission like mine is... I need to get a new clotch, flywheel, and one of the cylinders replaced. Mine is a manual though. But the same thing with mine i had to change the coil and it still didn't stop hesitating. and about 4 months after i changed the coil the transmission went but it was always vibrating when ever the truck was stopped.

messr2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 10:26   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by messr2006
My truck is doning the same thing... Is it vibrate alot when it is not moving? If so it might be a problem in the transmission like mine is... I need to get a new clotch, flywheel, and one of the cylinders replaced. Mine is a manual though. But the same thing with mine i had to change the coil and it still didn't stop hesitating. and about 4 months after i changed the coil the transmission went but it was always vibrating when ever the truck was stopped.
no, the truck does not vibrate when driving or idling. it just hesitates like a bad plug or wire, but i replaced that already. hey tom how do i check the egr ?
Old 03-13-2007, 11:01   #8 (permalink)

Check the EGR by 1)disconnect the vacuum line and plug it with a golf tee. See if it runs differently. and 2) apply vacuum at idle to open the EGR. The engine should sputter and shake as the mix will be hard to fire. In other words, check that it opens and check that it closes on command.( vacuum apply / remove)
tom
tomw is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Ranger Forum