Leaking into Cab. - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Ranger Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Ranger Forum Forum for discussion of the Ford Ranger.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-28-2011, 02:58   #1 (permalink)

Leaking into Cab.

I have a 2004 Ranger Edge Regular cab.
I have a leak coming in on the passanger side and seems to be coming from the botton along the railing or just above. IT ONLY LEAKS IN THE WINTER
Last spring I parked my Ranger under a water sprinkler for 3 hours and no leak and no leaks all summer.
Now just sitting in the driveway with light rain I get water on the passengers side on the rubber mat. I have looked and looked and at a loss. It is not any antifreeze coming from the heater.
Any ideas or suggestions.

Thank you.
mrvulcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-28-2011, 13:00   #2 (permalink)
Moderators

Re: Leaking into Cab.

Question
what's causing a wet carpet on the passenger side of a 2003 ford ranger? Door seals are intact and appear undamaged.

Answer
Things that can leak on a 2003 ford ranger:

1) Air intake tower inside sheet metal cowl section. Water could either be entering the tower or around the tower seal. This would be behind the glove box area. If water is entering the tower it is possible that the cowl drain flaps are blocked or stuck shut. These flaps are under the inside front wheel well covers and allow the plenum chamber to drain itself of rain water. You would have to remove the front wheel wells to see the flaps. This repair you could do yourself. If water is entering the air intake tower seal it must be resealed to repair. This repair would require a trained technician.
2) Sealer split or sealer missing due to age at high cowl to lower 'a' post seam. This seam is under the area where your fender and cowl screen meet. The fender would have to be removed in order to access the seam. This repair would require a trained technician.
3) Split in upper 'A' post or roof panel seam.
4) Blocked e-vap case drain.
5) Inner door splash shield could be loose or missing.
6) High stop 3rd brake light gasket.
7) Front or rear window set.

I assume you do not have rust through or body damage as this would change the attempted repair diagnosis.

Drew Young
Rainchaser
Auto-Water-Leaks.com
R.S.LOGAN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 16:43   #3 (permalink)

I have no rust, I will check the intake the intake tower in the morning. I have no carpet but have the rubber factory mat. Will post tomorrow what I find. Can I post a picture on this site where I see the watercoming from, Thanks
Old 12-28-2011, 21:08   #4 (permalink)
2002 F150 XLT

Yes, you can post a picture. The problem with water leaks is that it can leak in one place and show up a long ways away from the source. I've fought quite a few on various vehicles.
Old 12-29-2011, 07:40   #5 (permalink)

OK pulled up the rubber mat on the passengers side and it is soaked, now letting it dry, will take some time. But what I also did was pour 24oz of water into the little holes in front of the windshield and all the water came out the left wheel well. should any come out the right wheel well??

Thanks
Brian
Old 12-29-2011, 08:08   #6 (permalink)
Moderators

Looks like drain for right side is blocked and needs clearing .
R.S.LOGAN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 09:09   #7 (permalink)

Is the hose drain on the inside of the firewall or the engine compartment. Also below the heater hoses going into the firewall about 1 foot below it looks like a drain hose with a drain is that the one you are talking about???

Thank you again
Old 12-30-2011, 09:16   #8 (permalink)

OK got the whole inside wheel well plastic cover out and I see no drain hose. Is there one on the right side of the 2004 ranger edge???

Also the Inner door splash shield was out of place, but I never get water in the cab until winter, strange

Thanks
Old 12-30-2011, 09:19   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert View Post
Yes, you can post a picture. The problem with water leaks is that it can leak in one place and show up a long ways away from the source. I've fought quite a few on various vehicles.
OK got the whole inside wheel well plastic cover out and I see no drain hose. Is there one on the right side of the 2004 ranger edge???
Old 12-30-2011, 09:48   #10 (permalink)
2002 F150 XLT

I'm not familiar with the Ranger bodies in that area but if it didn't leak when you ran water on it in the summer, it wouldn't be that drain area. Maybe it's picking up water from the tires and throwing it up into an opening in that area.
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Ranger Forum