Ford Forums banner

motor swap 1993 to 1997

1K views 9 replies 2 participants last post by  Bert 
#1 ·
Hi i have swaped out the motor from a 1993and put into a 1997 it is a 2.3 i swaped the throttle body from the 97 and is now on the 1993 and also the wiring harness. i can not seem to get it to start i have power just the starter wont start. some of the sensors do not have a place like they are just extras is that the case i do not know much about mechanics just thought i try to do the motor myself and cant seem to figure out how to finsh any help would be wonderful.

#7 ·
There's no ground directly to the starter. The engine itself has a ground to the battery. The clutch switch is to the clutch pedal undre the dash. Since you changed them out, you might have missed a wire somewhere. A friendof mine that does a lot of this type of work couldn't get a Crown Vic started and when I went to help, found a connector he missed. He does this a lot and missed one.

#9 ·
every thing looked like it was hooked up right under the dash.... i do have several sensors from the wire harness on the engine that i cannot find a place for them to go.....should all of them have a match. some one told me that there are sometimes extra just in case you wanted to put a v 6 in it or make it 4x4. man i feel like an idiot.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.