my new 2004 ranger - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Ranger Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Ranger Forum Forum for discussion of the Ford Ranger.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2005, 06:49   #1 (permalink)

my new 2004 ranger

my dads giving me his 2004 ranger, its a 4x2, 3.0 L , Edge, i was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for modifications... or what they've done to their ranger, i was thinking about a 3 in. body lift and putting bigger tires, then eventually getting a K & N, brush guard and the works.... but i wanted yalls suggestions, and any links that might help me out ,... thanks
tylera23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-13-2005, 21:24   #2 (permalink)
93 2.3 MTX BOLTED OUT!

Re: my new 2004 ranger

check this out, ive got a 93 tempo same engine as the ranger 2.3 getting between 38-50 mpg with just lightmods that increase hp and mpg
3 turbinators www.turbinator.com
91 eclipse twin turbo cold air box
1400 cold cranking amps
cooled to idle @ 170F 900rpm
20-40 castrol syntec, lucas oil stabilizer "black bottle pure synthetic $30"
oil filter reloaction kit using 2 knn filters with ,magnets straped on
hardwired fan
300 l;bs of the as end including cadalic convertor, muffler, entire catalist system,
a short ram ram air system
ram air of a breather again a knn but for the crank vent
removed ac pump pulley and grill
made a flexline heat sink for the gas
starped massive heat sinks on the intake manafold with thermal transfering heat glue
and about another 200lbs of the car all around
and manual 5 speed
and i swear to the holy pistions of the 454 i have riped at least 30hp more outa the engine doing this" 10 alone of junking the ac
gas milege increase maybe 30-40% n on top of that no need for flooring u get tons of low end ponys!!!

i gauntree u this is the cheapest way to do it, other then that they sell these lil eletric supercharges now for 150$ at nappa they fit right in ur cold air system i think all ford small blocks "with conversion hoses" 80-2003 and they claim up to 5lbs o ya and u wont need to upgrade anything else u just set it at what ur engine can handle, n i would look into a co2 cold air indiction setup ususaly around 100-200$ for a hose type 1
Cronicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Ranger Forum