Ford Forums banner

Need help, Electricial problem really bad.

2K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  ccusum 
#1 ·
Can someone help me with this! I have a 1996 ranger XLT SuperCab 4X4 in need of electricial assistance.

During the day, when the lights are off, when I press on the brake peddle, my dash board lights come on, the time on the radio dims to the point that it can not be seen, and all the other lights on the out side of the truck come on except the head lights.

Now, when I am not driving the truck, and I press the brake peddle, same thing happens and the chime that tells you that you left you light on starts chiming. When I drive the truck at night and the lights are on, none of this happens.

Also, when driving the truck and I put on my left turn signal, the radio starts to flash. There is another problem, but I do not think it is releated, two lights on the gauage cluster are not functioning, and neither is the HVAC control lights.

#4 ·
Sorry, haven't been on in a couple days. Their should be a black wire from tail light assemblies to frame near the rear of the vehicle also under the hood their will be grounds from motor to body and may be one from negative battery terminal to the body, not sure of exact locations.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.