Need Opinions? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Ranger Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Ranger Forum Forum for discussion of the Ford Ranger.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-27-2002, 19:05   #1 (permalink)

Need Opinions?

I'm curious to hear some opinions on the old 83-88 or "First gen" Rangers. Mostly on there Durabilty and Reliablty. Also what did you guys think about the lil 2.9L V-6 Engine?
300KMI Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-07-2003, 11:08   #2 (permalink)

2.9L V6s are great, you can trust those things. The mileage you'll get on that is well worth money in my book those 2.9 are like a bird they don't comsume very much fuel. One question I got ask is that does it have a 4 or 5 speed? If has a 4 speed/overdrive auto that even better.
Vlad_Padberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2003, 18:09   #3 (permalink)
AceFrehley03

'83 Ranger = Second to none.

My first truck (and still my current) was a 1983 Ford Ranger long-bed, two tanks, 2.3 liter 4 cylinder. The truck is a work horse with 245,000 hard, long miles, and every one of them was worth while. The 2.3 is a great engine so long as you take care of it, and if you have an unlimited budget, you can get 600+ NA horsepower out of it (used in Bandits and Outlaws, theyre common and pretty reliable.) As far as the 2.9 V-6, I always thought it was something of a no-go because I've been sold on my basic 4-banger. I'm gonna go for the "Haha, my truck will buttrape your honda" feeling, so I'm going to try to drop a 2.3 liter turbo out of a '88 turbo coupe into it, but I need some more advice on that. Anyway, great trucks, just maintain them right.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Ranger Forum