Newbie Needs Guidance - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Ranger Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Ranger Forum Forum for discussion of the Ford Ranger.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2005, 08:52   #1 (permalink)

Newbie Needs Guidance

'96 V6 3.0 X-cab normal bed

I only know how to change oil, tires, etc . . & need some books/tutorials to help me take it as far as I can go before going to a mechanic with knowledge/advanced tools/ lift/pit

I heard that How Cars Work is a good start.

& Automotive Technology: A Systems Approach for the more detailed understanding. The book is also linked

Are there any suggestions from someone with first hand knowledge of what to get so I can get started?
caputo@graffit is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-13-2005, 18:46   #2 (permalink)
Plum Krazy XLT

Re: Newbie Needs Guidance

Welcome aboard.

Get a copy of a Chilton's manual or the Ford manuals for your truck (I got both plus a Ford service CD). You can look these over and determine what you feel comfortable tackling and what you want to have done. The Ford manuals list special tools you might need for some jobs and the diagrams and directions will give you an idea what kind of work you're facing. Check Half Price Books or eBay for fair prices on the books or CD (I found a Chilton's at Half Price and got my Ford books and CD on eBay).

Truck on...
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Ranger Forum