No Heat...any Ideas - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Ranger Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Ranger Forum Forum for discussion of the Ford Ranger.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2003, 18:23   #1 (permalink)

No Heat...any Ideas

Well, like I said, things happen in 3's. After getting the Tranny fixed (Converter lockout solenoid) my heater crapped out on the way home....The fan runs strong but not a lick of heat. It was always very weak the heat but now its non-existent....Could there be some wire we disconnected during the troubleshooting? The 2 hoses to the heater core feel warm and they feel like something is flowing thru them....I was reading that on some fords there is actually a relay that regulates the heat but I cant find anything on the Bronco II....I have also heard that there may be a vacuum switch or something as my Bronco II has A/C.

Any ideas?
jedi105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-09-2003, 07:02   #2 (permalink)

You don't say which engine you have. On some model's the thermostat move's out of position, not letting the engine heat up enough. If you can hold onto the heater hose's for any length of time this may be the problem. There is on some high end model's a vaccum operated blend door which control's the interior tempature. If there is a leak this may be your problem.
http://fordexp.freehomepage.com/photo3.html
big1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2003, 07:53   #3 (permalink)

Thanks for the info. Its a 2.9L. The engine always runs on the very low end of the temperature gauge, never getting past 1/4 the way up. I'm not even sure if there is a thermostat in there as I bought this from someone who rigged just about everything. I'm finding new crap everyday.
jedi105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2003, 10:11   #4 (permalink)

You can't rely on the factory gauge. There rarly right. After abiut 15 to 20 minute's you should not be able to hold on to the heater hose's for very long, if you can your probably looking at a bad or missing thermostat. I wonder what problem was being hidden by removing the "stat" if it's missing?
http://fordexp.freehomepage.com/photo3.html
big1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Ranger Forum