Performance enhancements - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Ranger Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Ranger Forum Forum for discussion of the Ford Ranger.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-12-2006, 20:48   #1 (permalink)
JTC

Performance enhancements

Anyone have any simple performance enhancements as far as air filters, like any K&N filter system that would improve my 2002 Ranger, 3.0 litre 4X4. I heard someone mention that there is a K&n air filter system that can be put on the veicle. I'm not a gear head of any kind and usually don't work on my truck for any serious mechanic work, but was wondering if there was some simple enhancements.
JTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-14-2006, 08:05   #2 (permalink)

Re: Performance enhancements

Yes, there is a K&N intake system for that truck, I have one. It is very easy to install and it does improve preformance. However, I have noticed that my fuel milage has gone down a little bit. More air = more fuel....

YOu can either get a K&N filter that drops in place of your stock air filter. Just a direct switch from your stock fliter. http://www.knfilters.com/search/prod...Prod=33-2106-1

Or there is a whole intake system. More expensive but adds alot of preformance. http://www.knfilters.com/search/prod...x?Prod=57-2554

Hope this helps...
nitrorea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 10:25   #3 (permalink)
JTC

Thanks nitrorea for the reply. I'll take a look at these products. I actually had a buddy buy the drop in filter yesterday for his 03 Ranger 4x4. I'll see how he likes it, even though I would like a little more performance which would probably come from the intake/filter assembly.
How would the intake/filter assembly work on a my 02 4x4 if fourwheeling and water got on the filter?
JTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 11:29   #4 (permalink)

Probably not to well as water in an engine is not a good mix.

If you are doing serious off-roading...I know you can get an extension that runs the air intake out the side of the truck and up above the roof. I have seen them for Jeeps. You would not be able to use the air intake kit with this...only the stock replacement filter.

I will look around for the air stack and let you know what I some up with....
Old 06-15-2006, 11:43   #5 (permalink)

Here it is...it is called a snorkel system

http://www.4by4connection.com/snorkels2.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Ranger Forum