Program a key fob - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Ranger Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Ranger Forum Forum for discussion of the Ford Ranger.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-28-2007, 02:33   #1 (permalink)
SCM

eek Program a key fob

I have a Ford Ranger XLT Double cab 2003 2.5D.
I lost my key fob (the 'lock' and 'unlock' button fob) and have bought two on ebay. One for £27 and the other for £49, not bad considering that Ford wanted £160 each. Still, back to the question in hand, does any one know how to program them so they will work with my truck ?
Every other truck seems to have a routine to do this but I can find none for the ford Ranger. Please do not tell me I have to go to a Ford dealer and pay £70 for a monkey to use a computer to program EACH fob = £140 in total.
SCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-28-2007, 04:45   #2 (permalink)
Always the student

Re: Program a key fob

To program:
Open drivers door and cycle door locks twice
Turn key in ignition 8 times in 10 seconds, ending in the on position
Locks will cycle to confirm programing mode
within 20 seconds press any button on your remote
locks will cycle to confirm programing
press any button on second remote,locks will cycle
continue with up to 4 remotes.

I really don't think you need to cycle the door locks, but the instructions I have say to do so.
thefonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 12:18   #3 (permalink)
SCM

confused Re: Program a key fob

Thanks,

No joy ! Tried - open door with key, then lock, then open, ignition on 8 times within 10 seconds. no lock cycling but still pressed Key fob - nothing.
Open door then lock, open then lock then open, ignition wait for key security on dashboad out - 8 times (it is within 10 secs) no lock cycling, press botton and bottons on key fob. And yes key fob has a tried and tested working battery, and also have two key fobs and this works with neither. Am I doing it wrong? Ford Ranger XLT (English) !
Old 10-28-2007, 13:49   #4 (permalink)
Always the student

Re: Program a key fob

Forget locking the door, just turn the key in the switch from off to on,(not to start) back to off,on,off etc etc, 8 times in 10 seconds ending in the on (or run) position. locks should cycle, press any button on remote, locks should cycle, do next remote. Any existing remotes will need to be reprogrammed as well.
thefonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 16:07   #5 (permalink)
SCM

frown Re: Program a key fob

Thankyou for replying,

Tried as directed no joy !

Entered car - key in ignition (lock has three positions 1, on. 2, dashboard etc. 3, turn engine over). Eight times to position 1, waited no lock cycle.
Eight times to position 2, waited no lock cycle. Seven times to position 1 then eight time to position 2, waited no lock cycle. Seven time to position 2 then eighth time to position 1, waited no lock cycle.
Every time after waiting 10 secs pressed button on both key fobs.
Also tried ALL of above with unlocking door twice, nothing.
Guess this is not going to work.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Ranger Forum