Ford Forums banner

Qot a question. Please help.

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  jglen490 
#1 ·
Got a question. Please help.

We own 2 - 2004 Ford Rangers with 2.5L I4. About 2 years ago one of them starting having problems so we had a new engine put in it. No the other is doing the same thing. I am wondering what this problem comes from. Is there anything that can be done other than putting in a new engine? Please help if you can.

The problem we are having is that when the engine gets reved up, or hits the higher RPMs it will die. Then the engine will turn over, but will not crank for a good minute or two. After a minute or two the engine will start back up like nothing is wrong. When we try to turn over the engine after it dies, it spins very freely as if no compression.

If anyone has had any problems like this, or know what we need to do to resolve this issue please let me know.

Thanks,
Chris

#2 ·
When was the last tune up performed? Auto or manual transmission? Miles on the vehicle(s)?

I'd suggest getting the battery & alternator tested. Others will chime in with their suggestions shortly.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.