Ranger starter motor bolts - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Ranger Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Ranger Forum Forum for discussion of the Ford Ranger.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2006, 15:45   #1 (permalink)
Unregistered

Question Ranger starter motor bolts

I took the truck in to have them replace the starter motor. it's a '95, so it needs to be accessed from underneath with a lift. I left the truck at the garage for the two hours that they said it would take, but when I got back, they had busted off two of the mounting bolts and mysteriously "lost" the third. The kid that was working on it said that the bolts broke because they were aluminum, so they were going to have to drill them out carefully. I could see that they had already tried drilling, but the dimple from the drill bit looked as if the bolt had been made of steal because it was more warn than drilled, as if the metal were much harder than aluminum. I'm pretty sure these guys are pulling my chain, they f***ed up and their trying to get me to pay for it. But I was just wondering if anyone could tell me what the bolts they use to mount the motor were made of. Thanks for your help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-17-2006, 08:13   #2 (permalink)
Unregistered

Re: Ranger starter motor bolts

I have a 1992 3.0L V-6 and the starter motor on it has 3 bolts.
But they are most certainly steel bolts.

Only the housings are aluminum.
The only thing I can figure is that the bolts had to be overtightened.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Ranger Forum