Spare Tire Question - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Ranger Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Ford Ranger Forum Forum for discussion of the Ford Ranger.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2008, 07:32   #1 (permalink)

Spare Tire Question

Morning everyone

lemme throw this out there, I do computers, not cars (but im not afraid to get my hands dirty =P) so bear with me

I've had my ranger for about 3 years now, and I bought it used.

a couple months after I bought the pickup, i realized it didnt have a spare tire, jack, or tire iron. Aside from feeling like an idiot for not checking, it wasnt to big of a deal, i just got a tire put on an old rim when I got new tires, and picked up a jack/tire iron from autozone.

My question involves the whole system for keeping the tire under the bed, i've just been having it sit in the bed, which is kind of inconvenient.

My old ranger had a big wingnut and a chain i believe, but after doing a little research on the 2001, i've read things about a tire lock and winch system... needless to say I'm clueless.

I dont have a key at all, and no jack bag, i've checked behind the wee seats in tbe ext. cab and theres nothing there.

My question is, where can i get a new key/parts, and does someone have a diagram/photo of what parts should be there that are involved in the tire-carrier system. I can provide a photo under the my bed if necessary. I honestly dont know if im even missing any parts.

Any reply is appreciated, Thanks!
Ben
spadge67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-03-2008, 08:07   #2 (permalink)
lets go exploring!

Re: Spare Tire Question

rangers come with a winch system under the bed of truck,the jack handel inserts into a hole thue the back and you wined it down. as for the lock ? no clue unless you mean on the wheels
tracy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Ranger Forum