Ford Forums banner

What can I expect to salvage from my 93 Ranger?

1K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  mre_power 
#1 ·
Transmission seized on my '93 XL Ranger, under a week after I mounted a Rack-it lumber rack to it...sucks.:BW:

I don't have the time, tools or experience to swap a tranny, but wanted to get an idea on how much I can hope to recoup on this.

It's 2.3 L4, 191K
New brakes
New tires
Scratched and dinged body, but straight frame, no rust (CA car.)
Cracked windshield, top to bottom (no more spreading).

I thought maybe asking $800 with the rack. Any ideas?

#4 ·
$2500 seems pretty high; KBB lists this as being $1300 in excellent condition. The rack goes for about $250-$300 used. Even with a used tranny, don't think the fix would be woth it.

Parting it out might be an idea, not sure if I want to deal with this on the long term though.

#5 ·
stircrazy said:
$2500 seems pretty high; KBB lists this as being $1300 in excellent condition. The rack goes for about $250-$300 used. Even with a used tranny, don't think the fix would be woth it.

Parting it out might be an idea, not sure if I want to deal with this on the long term though.
do a quick look on craigs list for prices. rangers early rangers go from 900$ up to 3000 depending on options here in st louis.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.