What a Smurf should do - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Ranger Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Ranger Forum Forum for discussion of the Ford Ranger.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-05-2001, 15:59   #1 (permalink)
CobraSplash

1. Stroker, but that probably is going to happend regarless,

2. Turbo

3. Supercharged
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-07-2001, 13:53   #2 (permalink)
ElwayLite

outta the turbo and charger, id go s/c. or ya could always twin turbo the old girl
Old 05-07-2001, 16:36   #3 (permalink)
Shinoda

Personally i would go with the blower, twin turbo's would be nice too but they are a buttload of money. You can det a kick ass blower for 3K, or even cheaper used. I would go with either a Vortech or ATI procharger, the ATI comes with a air to air intercooler, my friend has one on his 99 Cobra and it runs damn good, he has a Vortech S Trim on his 96 Cobra (Lucky ****ing bastard, he traded his 99 ning on a new Vette)
Old 05-07-2001, 18:50   #4 (permalink)
jaygecko

which is better, an air to air intercooler or an air to water(or water to air) intercooler?

i was watching a show on tnn on sunday mmorning last week and they put a vortech supercharger on a 97 mustang cobra and got the hp from 245 stock to like 425hp, i know they used the air to water (maube its water to air, but i dont remember)
Old 05-08-2001, 06:51   #5 (permalink)
CobraSplash

I would have to say a Water Intercooler because it would cool the air better before getting to the intake thus making more hp
Old 05-26-2001, 04:00   #6 (permalink)
Ben L

Well Kenny that depends on what you're looking for. If you want it to be a 'sleeper' you can quiet the exhaust note with the turbo. However, if you're out to make a statement, the rumble of a nicely-cammed V-8 accompanied by a surging blower whine following the idle up and down makes my pecker hard just thinkin about it... :p It would be good for pickin up chicks too, they would think your truck is whistling at them.
Old 05-26-2001, 08:29   #7 (permalink)
CobraSplash

Tru Tru, I think I am just going to drive the Splash till its time for an overhaul and throw in a stroked turbo motor.
Old 05-26-2001, 20:59   #8 (permalink)
MazdaSOHC

Don't forget that nice whistle that the turbo makes when the boost starts to build. I like the twin turbo idea, but like Scott said, the cost would be tremendous and finding the parts would be next to impossible. The thing with a turbo is, if the turbo is large enough, the available boost is limited only by what your engine can handle. My SVO has o-ringed heads to handle the 18 lbs of boost it generates. And a air to water intercooler is much better than air to air, unless you can fit a really big air to air intercooler. The only issue with air to water, is the water is already running at whatever your engine temp is.
Old 05-26-2001, 22:37   #9 (permalink)
CobraSplash

True Mazda unless you run it seperatley from the existing cooling system, small tank and pump with a feed and return line.
Old 05-27-2001, 09:16   #10 (permalink)
MazdaSOHC

Correctamundo, cobra. I thought about that after I posted, just never saw anyone do it that way. Also should have said "o-ringed head" instead of "heads". I think I've only got one on the 2.3 :wink2:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Ranger Forum