World Ranger (everywhere but North America) - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Ranger Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Ford Ranger Forum Forum for discussion of the Ford Ranger.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-10-2011, 05:41   #1 (permalink)

World Ranger (everywhere but North America)

I'm just curius about the about the new 2012 'World Ranger' that seems to be availible everywhere eccept North America (since there are quite a few on here from Europe and Australia). Here in North America, we have had the same version of the Ranger since 2001 and pretty much everywhere else has had atleast 2 totally different versions since then (both being larger then the U.S. counterpart).

So anyway what I would like is for anyone who owns one of these 'World Rangers' to post up some pics so that us living in the dark on this corner of the globe can see what it is that Ford America is trying to 'shelter' us from (mainly because all I can seem to find on the web is the 4dr ones with the useless box)

And for my fellow North Americians that may be sitting there scratching their head wondering what the heck I'm talking about check out these links
2012 Ford Ranger First Look - Motor Trend
2010 Ford Ranger coming to Geneva, European sales start in April | egmCarTech
Advertisement

Old 09-12-2011, 09:30   #2 (permalink)
Moderators

Re: World Ranger (everywhere but North America)

Dont know if this helps you ,

New Ford Ranger 2012 Review | Auto Europe Car

2012 Ford Ranger Wildtrak | Ford Ranger Wildtrak | Geneva Motor Show | Auto Europe Car
R.S.LOGAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 02:13   #3 (permalink)

Word I have is this new Ranger would cut into sales of the F-150, #1 selling truck. Don't want to market a product against yourself.
jimbo58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 16:37   #4 (permalink)

Again it only shows the 4dr with about a 4 or 5foot box. They are sopposidy avialible in a regular cab and a cab1/2 with a 6' box along with rumors of a long box as well. I need atleast a 6' box with a useible rear seat. The current U.S. model only has jump seats in the back that isnt even big enough (or safe) for my kids. (bareley room for the dogs)
Old 09-30-2011, 06:59   #5 (permalink)

I read that last years sales were in the 60k range. Without one bit of advertising, anywhere. The F150 is in a totally different market than the Ranger.
My 25 year old Ranger will get 25 mpg without any effort on my part to economize. Around town. The new F150 will never get 25mpg, downhill with a following breeze.
I don't need to haul large loads, and cannot even reach into the bed of the new F150 without a step stool.
I won't buy one. Ever.
tom
tomw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 06:45   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomw View Post
I read that last years sales were in the 60k range. Without one bit of advertising, anywhere. The F150 is in a totally different market than the Ranger.
My 25 year old Ranger will get 25 mpg without any effort on my part to economize. Around town. The new F150 will never get 25mpg, downhill with a following breeze.
I don't need to haul large loads, and cannot even reach into the bed of the new F150 without a step stool.
I won't buy one. Ever.
tom
Thats not really true, friend of mine has the new one with the ecoboost and he gets around 26mpg average. thats not based on the stupid computer, thats based on actual adding up mileage and litres and calculating.

Btw FlamingX its john from ottawa, didnt know what the hell my account was here so I made this one. lol
Odin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 13:25   #7 (permalink)
canuck

Keep in mind the 'Global' Ranger only gets 1mpg better than the F150 currently gets, with the engines Ford wanted to put in it for North America (top end engines you can get in Europe - no diesel here). Minimal mileage difference and the fact the Ranger won't sell here in a regular cab (lowers Ford profits as well) makes it a tough sell when you can get a full size reg cab long box for thousands less than the new Ranger even in Extended cab guise. This was a good choice on Ford's part to leave it overseas. Don't forget what happened when GM tried to import Holden V8s earlier this decade. Price put it way over the competition and GM barely made anything off the sale of the vehicles. GM is going to try it again but in larger quantities to hopefully make it worth while with the new Commodore sedan. Even then I won't hold my breath as they're spending the profits they're making in other areas in an attempt to get this to work, again.

Ford knows each market well enough to know that a compact truck with even a 2.0EB engine with 240hp will still eat the fuel once you factor in higher base weight, and even 4wd variants then the current version. You won't see an increase in mileage in real world driving over the current 4.0L. Smaller boosted engines pulling around two plus tons will eat the fuel as they'll be consistently on the boost. I'm just assuming that's the engine Ford would have used if the Ranger came here, which it's not.
'99 Taurus 3.0L 2V Vulcan 145hp; 154,300m - Traded
Amsoil in all vehicles!
360ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 04:28   #8 (permalink)

Quote:"Thats not really true, friend of mine has the new one with the ecoboost and he gets around 26mpg average. thats not based on the stupid computer, thats based on actual adding up mileage and litres and calculating."

If that's the case, he should get back to Dearborn on that. They ADVERTISE the mileage as 22mpg... You'd think they'd be touting that 26 that he's getting, and drive the bowtie guys crazy. I take it with a grain of salt.

The 'full size' F150 is more of a 'supersized' truck than I would want. The market for the Ranger is not the same as for the F150, IMO. A full size would not fit in my garage with any space to walk around it, and I think that applies to a lot of people. In other words, it's HUGE. Personally, if you want one, have at it. I don't believe the mileage claims made anyway, so good luck with that. EPA results may be closer to reality than they were in the past, but I still think they are optimized.
A smaller engine on the boost all the time will indeed eat the fuel. Perhaps a diet is in order. I have no idea of the engines available in the non-US market Rangers, so cannot comment on their fuel mileage.
tom
tomw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 18:56   #9 (permalink)
canuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomw View Post
Quote:"Thats not really true, friend of mine has the new one with the ecoboost and he gets around 26mpg average. thats not based on the stupid computer, thats based on actual adding up mileage and litres and calculating."

If that's the case, he should get back to Dearborn on that. They ADVERTISE the mileage as 22mpg... You'd think they'd be touting that 26 that he's getting, and drive the bowtie guys crazy. I take it with a grain of salt.

The 'full size' F150 is more of a 'supersized' truck than I would want. The market for the Ranger is not the same as for the F150, IMO. A full size would not fit in my garage with any space to walk around it, and I think that applies to a lot of people. In other words, it's HUGE. Personally, if you want one, have at it. I don't believe the mileage claims made anyway, so good luck with that. EPA results may be closer to reality than they were in the past, but I still think they are optimized.
A smaller engine on the boost all the time will indeed eat the fuel. Perhaps a diet is in order. I have no idea of the engines available in the non-US market Rangers, so cannot comment on their fuel mileage.
tom
I wish a midsize truck would fit in my garage...nope. Standard size is fairly useless for anything but midsize cars, and even then it's TIGHT. My '99 Taurus and a G6 in there and you can't open any one door more than 30 degrees. A reg cab Ranger would fit, but not an ext cab with a 2" drop hitch on. I need a new detached garage.....
'99 Taurus 3.0L 2V Vulcan 145hp; 154,300m - Traded
Amsoil in all vehicles!
360ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Ranger Forum