3fb Central Coast day out.... - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Ā» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Regional Clubs and Events > On the Road in Australia
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

On the Road in Australia This area is for talkin about your tours, meets, and trips in Australia.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2004, 22:25   #1 (permalink)
Australian ED XR6 Member

3fb Central Coast day out....

Despite me being unable to attend due to other commitments. I did manage to become involved late on yesterday, even taking Henry out for a minor shakedown...
From the sounds of things it was an excellent day out, with a few of the guys enjoying the southern end of the coast.
One comment though - I really do have to curse Slothy.............(NOW I GOTTA go buy myself a FLASH unit)(ps Thanx HEAPS for the loan of ya goodies)

I thought some of the others would like the following......
Wulos is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-15-2004, 00:26   #2 (permalink)
Mmm, high pressure wash.

Re: 3fb Central Coast day out....

Yes, t'was a great cruise. Sparkles, Strider, Dark Horse and myself met at Thronleigh Maccas at 2 PM. Well Darkie arrived just before 2:30 PM but that's considered on time for him.

We went north up the old Pacific Hwy and met AusXH at the end. Where exactly we went after that I'll let one of the others explain as I'm not sure of the area myself, but we visited Woy Woy, Patonga, Terrigal, The Entrance and finally the Wulos residence.

Some pics from the day:

One the way to Patonga we stopped at Staples Lookout (or Point - I can't remember).

An elated Sparkles and even more elated Darkie once the On button was found on the video camera!

Parked at the lookout.

At the Skillion at Terrigal.

I wanted to walk up there and have a look-see so Strider, XH and myself went for a hike while Sparkles had a PowerNap™ and waited for Darkie to rejoin us.

The view from the top.

Once we got back down we decided to walk around the headland along the rocks.

At The Entrance just as it was getting dark (and I don't mean the Dark in the pic either! ).

Sparkles departed from Terrigal so it was just the 4 of us left. After loitering at The Entrance for a bit we visited Wulos for a quick chat that ended up going for about 3 hours if not longer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wulos
One comment though - I really do have to curse Slothy.............(NOW I GOTTA go buy myself a FLASH unit)(ps Thanx HEAPS for the loan of ya goodies)
LOL You're welcome. Any time...

Love the Team Venom Racing pic!
Off-white EL Series II Falcon GLi Sapphire (4.0L Slothmaticā„¢) with K&N Filtercharger, Tickford Sports Suspension, DBA Longlife Gold (front), DBA Longlife Slotted (rear) and Bendix Ultimates all round. Driven by The Slothmanā„¢.

Co-Founding Member of 3FB Inc, or the Ford Forums Food Bandits, where cruising, eating and talking shite is what it's all about. Click here to visit the official (albeit slightly outdated) website!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team GT Media
We love having 3FB Inc guys around!
3Toed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2004, 02:09   #3 (permalink)
Black 200kw wheel barrow

looks like fun

i woulda been up for that
Old 02-15-2004, 04:07   #4 (permalink)
Powered by HAD

Well since I forgot to bring my camera I have no pics to add.

But since Slothman is a little hazy on the in-between details... After I met up with the crew, we stopped for a drink break at Woy Woy where your car gets bombarded by the perched pelicans . Took a picturesque run up Mt Ettalong towards Patonga before yet another drink/icecream break.

From there we puttered through Umina and Ettalong on the way to Terrigal where we sat down to eat a well deserved lunch/dinner. Note: fishcakes make no substitute for a good fish cocktale. NB: They roll down the grassy knoll quite well.

We then parted ways with Sparkles aka 'Tourist Sparkles', and played 'hide and go seek' with Dark to fill in the time... A quick stop-over at The Entrance which was brimming with life before heading off to Wulos's place.

Damn good way to spend an afternoon, thanks fellas.
Old 02-15-2004, 05:20   #5 (permalink)
You can do eeeit!

I was only fractionally delayed by a fuel stop prior to meeting the assembled crowd at Thornleigh. Interesting run through the Old Pacific Highway with several sections freshly asphalted, which held greater appreciation of driving style more concerned with losing specks of paint.

Yes luckly I had my store of Meguiar's which was pulled out of the boot on a couple of occasions throughout the day. Pedals discrepancy on a certain XR6 with bird wastage problems on the other.

I joined company with Tourist Sparkles later when the other lads were up playing tourist up the top of The Skillion. We saw a very nice Shelby Cobra with an equally impressive engine note cruise past as well as providing some commentary for the cricket match that was happening at the time.

Nice of Wulos to let us drop by, thanks for letting us come over. Lots of Ford (and Holden) stuff was talked about. As seen, photos were taken of the two Venom AU's, ably demonstrating the SlothFlash which worked a treat.

The run home saw Slothy, Strider and I stopover at a Macca's by the F3 which was shut, but the Boston Markets section was still open and served superb cappuccino's. Formation driving was again practiced on the longer 3 lane sections before we parted our ways home.

Thanks to all the guys that turned up, looking forward to the next one.

3FB - The Official Site for cruising, eating and talking shite click here.

Member of the FPV-Tickford Club of NSW

3FB Mesh Bandit #2: 2002 AUIII XR6 HP _Oo===oO_
Dark_Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2004, 16:28   #6 (permalink)
Mmm, high pressure wash.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FalKeen
looks like fun

i woulda been up for that
And now a quote from the Falkeens ute christening thread:
Falkeens ute christening

Quote:
Originally Posted by FalKeen
ok got another 21st on friday 13th and something else on saturday the 14th so looks like this weekend will have to be scraped!
Make up your mind!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AusXH
Note: fishcakes make no substitute for a good fish cocktale. NB: They roll down the grassy knoll quite well.
Yeahs, they made a lovely sight, except for Striders which disintegrated due to the high launch velocity. It was tragic but the debris was quickly removed by the seagulls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Horse
The run home saw Slothy, Strider and I stopover at a Macca's by the F3 which was shut, but the Boston Markets section was still open and served superb cappuccino's. Formation driving was again practiced on the longer 3 lane sections before we parted our ways home.
Yeahs, 2 large flat whites and a danish make for a great Stop Revivie Survive pick-me-up! :s6: Yummy...
Off-white EL Series II Falcon GLi Sapphire (4.0L Slothmaticā„¢) with K&N Filtercharger, Tickford Sports Suspension, DBA Longlife Gold (front), DBA Longlife Slotted (rear) and Bendix Ultimates all round. Driven by The Slothmanā„¢.

Co-Founding Member of 3FB Inc, or the Ford Forums Food Bandits, where cruising, eating and talking shite is what it's all about. Click here to visit the official (albeit slightly outdated) website!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team GT Media
We love having 3FB Inc guys around!
3Toed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2004, 17:25   #7 (permalink)
17" is for 4cyc

LOL Slothy......

Would have been a very nice drive up north, after letting Strider and Dark know I was Hoping to make it come Sat I realised it was a certain calender day of the year.
Not that it was that important to my lovely wife but being a wise ol' man thought staying a home was for a better future lol.

oh you Venom guys really have to justify what bad taste in car colours you have LOL LOL venom racing plates LOL

Last edited by Bluedriver; 02-15-2004 at 17:28.
Bluedriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2004, 18:49   #8 (permalink)
3FB's Peter Pan!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluedriver
oh you Venom guys really have to justify what bad taste in car colours you have LOL LOL venom racing plates LOL
Can someone email me the offending picture as I cannot see it behind the firewall here... albundy22@hotmail.com
Old 02-15-2004, 21:57   #9 (permalink)
Black 200kw wheel barrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Toed
And now a quote from the Falkeens ute christening thread:
Falkeens ute christening
Make up your mind!
ok ok fair enough, although i was refering to saturday but ah well, will teach me to be more specific
Old 02-16-2004, 00:51   #10 (permalink)
3FB Educator!

Looks like a great arvo/evening out.
Sorry I couldn't attend as I was moshing to the sounds of
Fear Factory!
B-1B is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Regional Clubs and Events > On the Road in Australia