Ford Forums banner

3fb Central Coast day out....

2K views 16 replies 13 participants last post by  Mr Sparkle 
#1 ·
Despite me being unable to attend due to other commitments. I did manage to become involved late on yesterday, even taking Henry out for a minor shakedown...
From the sounds of things it was an excellent day out, with a few of the guys enjoying the southern end of the coast.
One comment though - I really do have to curse Slothy.............(NOW I GOTTA go buy myself a FLASH unit)(ps Thanx HEAPS for the loan of ya goodies)
:doh:
I thought some of the others would like the following......

#2 ·
Yes, t'was a great cruise. Sparkles, Strider, Dark Horse and myself met at Thronleigh Maccas at 2 PM. Well ****** arrived just before 2:30 PM but that's considered on time for him. :p

We went north up the old Pacific Hwy and met AusXH at the end. Where exactly we went after that I'll let one of the others explain as I'm not sure of the area myself, but we visited Woy Woy, Patonga, Terrigal, The Entrance and finally the Wulos residence.

Some pics from the day:

One the way to Patonga we stopped at Staples Lookout (or Point - I can't remember).

An elated Sparkles and even more elated ****** once the On button was found on the video camera!

Parked at the lookout.

At the Skillion at Terrigal.

I wanted to walk up there and have a look-see so Strider, XH and myself went for a hike while Sparkles had a PowerNap™ and waited for ****** to rejoin us.

The view from the top.

Once we got back down we decided to walk around the headland along the rocks.

At The Entrance just as it was getting dark (and I don't mean the Dark in the pic either! :p).

Sparkles departed from Terrigal so it was just the 4 of us left. After loitering at The Entrance for a bit we visited Wulos for a quick chat that ended up going for about 3 hours if not longer. :AAHHH:

Wulos said:
One comment though - I really do have to curse Slothy.............(NOW I GOTTA go buy myself a FLASH unit)(ps Thanx HEAPS for the loan of ya goodies)
:doh:
LOL You're welcome. Any time... :hy:

Love the Team Venom Racing pic!

#4 ·
Well since I forgot to bring my camera I have no pics to add. :zzz:

But since Slothman is a little hazy on the in-between details... After I met up with the crew, we stopped for a drink break at Woy Woy where your car gets bombarded by the perched pelicans . :fraz: Took a picturesque run up Mt Ettalong towards Patonga before yet another drink/icecream break.

From there we puttered through Umina and Ettalong on the way to Terrigal where we sat down to eat a well deserved lunch/dinner. Note: fishcakes make no substitute for a good fish cocktale. NB: They roll down the grassy knoll quite well.

We then parted ways with Sparkles aka 'Tourist Sparkles', and played 'hide and go seek' with Dark to fill in the time... :running: :wnc: A quick stop-over at The Entrance which was brimming with life before heading off to Wulos's place.

Damn good way to spend an afternoon, thanks fellas. :hy:

#5 ·
I was only fractionally delayed by a fuel stop prior to meeting the assembled crowd at Thornleigh. Interesting run through the Old Pacific Highway with several sections freshly asphalted, which held greater appreciation of driving style more concerned with losing specks of paint.

Yes luckly I had my store of Meguiar's which was pulled out of the boot on a couple of occasions throughout the day. Pedals discrepancy on a certain XR6 with bird wastage problems on the other.

I joined company with Tourist Sparkles later when the other lads were up playing tourist up the top of The Skillion. We saw a very nice Shelby Cobra with an equally impressive engine note cruise past as well as providing some commentary for the cricket match that was happening at the time.

Nice of Wulos to let us drop by, thanks for letting us come over. Lots of Ford (and Holden) stuff was talked about. As seen, photos were taken of the two Venom AU's, ably demonstrating the SlothFlash which worked a treat.

The run home saw Slothy, Strider and I stopover at a Macca's by the F3 which was shut, but the Boston Markets section was still open and served superb cappuccino's. Formation driving was again practiced on the longer 3 lane sections before we parted our ways home.

Thanks to all the guys that turned up, looking forward to the next one.

#6 ·
FalKeen said:
looks like fun

i woulda been up for that
And now a quote from the Falkeens ute christening thread:
http://www.fordforums.com/showthread.php?t=59426

FalKeen said:
ok got another 21st on friday 13th and something else on saturday the 14th so looks like this weekend will have to be scraped! :fraz:
Make up your mind! :p :MrSparkle

AusXH said:
Note: fishcakes make no substitute for a good fish cocktale. NB: They roll down the grassy knoll quite well.
Yeahs, they made a lovely sight, except for Striders which disintegrated due to the high launch velocity. It was tragic but the debris was quickly removed by the seagulls.

Dark_Horse said:
The run home saw Slothy, Strider and I stopover at a Macca's by the F3 which was shut, but the Boston Markets section was still open and served superb cappuccino's. Formation driving was again practiced on the longer 3 lane sections before we parted our ways home.
Yeahs, 2 large flat whites and a danish make for a great Stop Revivie Survive pick-me-up! :s6: Yummy...

#7 · (Edited)
LOL Slothy......

Would have been a very nice drive up north, after letting Strider and Dark know I was Hoping to make it come Sat I realised it was a certain calender day of the year.
Not that it was that important to my lovely wife but being a wise ol' man thought staying a home was for a better future lol.

oh you Venom guys really have to justify what bad taste in car colours you have LOL LOL venom racing plates LOL

#15 · (Edited)
Abit of a late reply but here goes,

Well what a day, a good mini cruise at that albeit a hot mini cruise weather wise. Shortly after the start of the Old Pacific Hwy we settled into our rhythm down the Old Pac hwy. Sparkles was initally leading the live axle brigade but then i decided to set the pace over taking Sparkles and 2 slower traffic that were holding us up. Not long after our group was together again and we got into a nice pace working the suspension and gearbox.
Only disppointment was some parts of the hwy was freshly tarred and alot of the rocks were flinging up from the wheels to the bodywork which sort of upset the pace and race line alittle.
Was good to have the Sparkles mobile driving close by and pushing at times around the twisties.

On the way in to Gosford we met with Mr PanelVan aka AusXH to do the trek to WoyWoy and into Patonga. With AusXh leading the charge i was just happy to follow, as i wouldn't dare go his pace through the coast roads lol.
Yess prolly the next highlight was a few roundabout acceleration tests and some hair raising cornering, must say a certain XH does have some go.

We ended the night with a visit to Wulos's place and that was a great time discussing alot of car Xr6 issues and talking about Fords in general.

I came home about 2am back in the mountains.

#16 ·
Yes indeed, great way to spend a sunny afternoon! Ripping drive up the Pacific Hwy, including a few stints dodging Strider's patented RedStoneThrowingDevice(tm). Some of the freshly done sections of road made for some rather "interesting" gravel-like understeer at apex! :fluffy:

Funnily enough Dark managed to turn into IntrepidTourist(tm) and head off in his own direction, while the rest of us actually went to Terrigal. The deluded and obviously overly active decided to go and walk up the big hill, trying for all the world to look like tourists. Slothy succeeded in one area only - the look of absolute fatigue upon their return! In the meantime, Dark turned up and he and myself had a very relaxing time watching two local cricket teams in a titanic struggle of the crapulent, and laughing at the lapping riceboys. The Cobra was just horny though, heard it well before seeing it.

Excellent time, just a shame I got absolutely f@rk all footage of any use on the camera.. rest assured I will have a cameraman next time to take some action sequences! My short test run of driving and filming didn't exactly result in "Getaway In Terrigal"... :werd:

#17 ·
XR_Strider_GuY said:
Was good to have the Sparkles mobile driving close by and pushing at times around the twisties.
No pushing my good man, was a leisurely pace! If I was *really* having a go, those 'ken baldilocks rear tyres of mine would have seen me arse-first into the first corner :fraz: :AAHHH:

Lots of fun though, apart from the backmarkers and stones!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.