Adelaide Ford Clubs?? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Regional Clubs and Events > On the Road in Australia
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

On the Road in Australia This area is for talkin about your tours, meets, and trips in Australia.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-22-2003, 03:48   #1 (permalink)

Adelaide Ford Clubs??

Hey People!
Im from Adelaide and have just got my hands hold of an xd esp! ive just finished giving it a paint job, and she's looking shmik! I was actually wondering if anyone would know of any Ford clubs in Adelaide i could join. I luve ma fords and i'd luve to get involved with something like a club. Even if it is only going on a few cruises or watever. Any info would be appreciated.
Thanx all
Ben
ESP81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-23-2003, 22:08   #2 (permalink)
Very happy GT-P owner

Gidday Ben,

There are numerous Ford clubs in Adelaide, several of them require you to have a certain type of Ford, eg, GT, Tickford, XR, Capri, etc

There are a couple of generic Ford Clubs, the Ford Club of SA meets at the footy club rooms up next to Yatala Gaol on Grand Junction Rd, at Nailsworth, not sure when they meet but they have a big sign that you can see as you go past. They cater for all types of Fords.

The one I would have a look at is the Falcon Car Club of SA, they meet at the Hackney hotel on the first tuesday of the month ( cant remember if that is actually the case) and cater for Falcon owners, I found this to be more of a restorers club, but they are a great bunch of guys. I was a member when I had my XF.

Have a look in the motoring section of the Advertiser on Thursdays and you will find club notes in there, this gives you details of clubs and what they are doing as well as contact names and numbers.

Good luck
www.fpvxrclub.com.au
GTP07S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2003, 06:34   #3 (permalink)

Re: Adelaide Ford Clubs??

Quote:
Originally Posted by teza68
The one I would have a look at is the Falcon Car Club of SA, they meet at the Hackney hotel on the first tuesday of the month ( cant remember if that is actually the case) and cater for Falcon owners, I found this to be more of a restorers club, but they are a great bunch of guys. I was a member when I had my XF.Good luck
The Tickford / FPV Club - SA has it's meetings at the Hackney on the First Tuesday of the month.

Ben - grab the yellow pages and look under Car clubs. I also own an XD ESP what's the details of yours??

Cheers

Paul B
XR6WGN
Old 07-27-2003, 06:59   #4 (permalink)
Boat Hunting ;)

would be interested in your results mate!! i am also looking for a club to join soonish... (not restoring and not XR though!) although is SA the only XR club that you cant join as an affiliate to with a normal falcon?
AU2 S-pack Owner: Silhouette Black, XR6 Wheels, Tickford Sunroof, C2R rear bar, Checker Plate Floor Mats, Chrome Door Sills, Blue Backlite Dash, Blue Painted Brake Callipers, Advanced Extractors, Magnaflow High Flow Cat, 2.5" Stainless Steel Mandrel Bent Custom Exhaust, Genie Muffler. Sony Explode 50w x 4 deck, Kenwood 140w speakers (front and rear), Boss 1200 watt Amplifier, 12" Orion Sub in custom box. More To Come!!
younggun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2003, 20:54   #5 (permalink)
Very happy GT-P owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by younggun
would be interested in your results mate!! i am also looking for a club to join soonish... (not restoring and not XR though!) although is SA the only XR club that you cant join as an affiliate to with a normal falcon?

I dont know where you got that information, mate, but there is no XR/Tickford/FPV/GT club in Australia, that will take normal falcons, as you have to meet the requirements of being a Tickford/ FPV heritage/ FPV enhanced or authentic XR vehicle to be accepted under all their constitutions. I believe it is a stipulation of FPV as well.

There are actually 3 "XR" clubs in SA.

FPV&XR Car Club - SA
XR6 & XR8 Club - SA
Tickford Car Club - SA

All of these clubs require confirmation from FPV that the car is authentic before membership is allowed, as all the other "XR" clubs around Australia do. I believe the XR6 & XR8 club is going down the path of only having XRs in the club, but Im not certain.

If you guys are serious about a club for all enhanced Falcons why not start one, its easily done, if you cant find what your looking for, create it yourself. If you want any more info on this,give me a shout. I would be interested, but Im heavily involved with the FPV&XR Club at the moment, but would be glad to help out.
www.fpvxrclub.com.au
GTP07S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2003, 21:13   #6 (permalink)
boosted sleeper

Keep close eye on the Meets and cruises section in the EAfalcon.com section of the forums.
MightyEFGhia and Red EF regularly organise cruises in SA with E-series Falcons but are happy to welcome X-series cars to their cruises. The next outing is on Sept. 13th when we are all going to check out the drift meet in Pt. Gawler. We are going as a club together and meeting at City dismantlers, Gepps Cross on Pt. wakefield Rd. (I think).
Should be a bit of fun to watch the rice boys chew some tyres around the track. You are welcome to join!

Night cruises are common also, so keep a look out for up and coming meets.

Cheers
blueoval
blueoval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2003, 02:27   #7 (permalink)
Serving Defect #3

Thought my luck had changed for a minute there.

My Fairmont has XR8 driveline and some suspension components that me and my mates fitted and they wouldn't let me in. I can't see the issue, but hey it's there club so what can you do.

Last edited by fordfan351; 08-01-2003 at 02:32.
fordfan351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2003, 05:41   #8 (permalink)

The XR8 and XR6 Owners Club Of SA (Now known as the XR & FPV Club of SA) only allows XR's, FPV's and EB/EL GT's
Old 08-01-2003, 22:13   #9 (permalink)
Are we there yet?

Younggun & ESP81 - Like Blueoval said, just come on an E-series cruise, we have had heaps of other Fords on our cruises. ZJ/ZK Fairlanes, TC Cortinas, AU's, we've had a BA on one, XG/XH utes, TX3 Lasers, even an old Celica, but he's not allowed any more, his car's too fast, lol.
95 EF Fairmont 5.0 - Heritage Green - 4 Speed auto with AU S5 - 3.23LSD - 17x8" LWT Wheels - King Superlows - 76mm Cobra MAF - 65mm throttle - BPT Underdrive Pulley Kit - 3" Mandrel-bent Lukey exhaust - Tinted Windows - MP3 CD player - White faced dials.

117rwKw - 15.47@89.9MPH
Aaron_EF8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2003, 02:36   #10 (permalink)
Boat Hunting ;)

Re: Re: Adelaide Ford Clubs??

Quote:
Originally Posted by teza68
I dont know where you got that information, mate, but there is no XR/Tickford/FPV/GT club in Australia, that will take normal falcons, as you have to meet the requirements of being a Tickford/ FPV heritage/ FPV enhanced or authentic XR vehicle to be accepted under all their constitutions. I believe it is a stipulation of FPV as well.
i was under the impression (could be wrong) that NSW and possibly VIC have xr clubs you can join as affiliate members, like stryder was before he got his XR, this might just be some clubs, or be an old ruling, aaron, i gotta get down to some of your cruisers soon!
AU2 S-pack Owner: Silhouette Black, XR6 Wheels, Tickford Sunroof, C2R rear bar, Checker Plate Floor Mats, Chrome Door Sills, Blue Backlite Dash, Blue Painted Brake Callipers, Advanced Extractors, Magnaflow High Flow Cat, 2.5" Stainless Steel Mandrel Bent Custom Exhaust, Genie Muffler. Sony Explode 50w x 4 deck, Kenwood 140w speakers (front and rear), Boss 1200 watt Amplifier, 12" Orion Sub in custom box. More To Come!!
younggun is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Regional Clubs and Events > On the Road in Australia