(ALL) Sydney Motor Show Display - 17th October 2004 - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Regional Clubs and Events > On the Road in Australia
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

On the Road in Australia This area is for talkin about your tours, meets, and trips in Australia.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-26-2004, 01:11   #1 (permalink)
FPV - TC NSW Promotions

(ALL) Sydney Motor Show Display - 17th October 2004

Hello All...
We will be having a Display again this year at Darling Harbour during the Sydney Motor Show.
Details are as follows....

Date: Sunday 17th October 2004
Venue: Darling Harbour Foreshore (outside convention centre)
Time: All cars must be in parked and not moved by 8:30 (latest) and packup time will be 4 or 5...

What we need is names.... Last year we had 35 cars and it was a great day, so looking to get the same amount this year.

We really need to put in an effort and get the numbers, we are getting this location paid for by the people running the Motor Show (it costs big $$$$ to hire the spot) Its very hard to get these kind of locations and its great they have recognised us and must have thought last year was god so we will have them back.... so we need to have a FULL turnout or simply we wont get it again!!!

Steve Lamb will be looking after this event for me while I am away. So please contact Steve & get your name in if you wish to attend.
I have a list of about 13 names i got at the last sydney club meeting and need to add to this..

For those that attended last year, the meeting spot will be at the same place, for those that werent there last year, here are the details:

Meeting Time: 7:00am (yes, its early)
Along side of one-way road (next to Wentworth Park Greyhounds track)
Cost: $5-as club donation (very cheap all day parking at darling harbour)
Packup time: 4:30 - 5:00pm.

There was plenty of room along the side of the road to have everyone stop.

You may want to bring flod up chairs, sunscreen etc...as it can become a long day.

Please look this up to ensure you know where your going and don't become lost on the day.

Please also be on time, we need to be leaving there by 7:15 at the latest and travelling in groups of 5-10 at a time down to darling harbour so we dont cause traffic jams trying to get in.

IMPORTANT................
PLEASE BRING WITH YOU SOME SORT OF DRIP TRAY TO PUT UNDER YOUR CAR........... this is a requirement of the Sydney Harbour Foreshore and anyone without one will NOT be able to have their car on display!!! Last year we had some people use flat pieces of cardboard.. this does not work, wind gets in a blows them away, so please ensure it is plastic/metal etc... or something heavy.

So far the list is as follows:
1. Power Ford Car
2. Brad Garlicks Car
3. Ben - EL XR8
4. Stretch & Cara - AU XR8
5. Hoppy - AU XR8
6. Billy - BA XR6 turbo
7. Aaron - AU XR6
8. Clint - BA XR6 turbo
9. Simon - AU XR8
10. Bev & Dave - EF XR6
11. Taxi Rob - AU XR8
12. Tony - BA XR6 turbo
13. Jamie - BA XR6 turbo

If anyone on the list can no longer attend, or anyone wants to add their name to the list please contact Steve Lamb ASAP.

Steve Lamb
0419 170 620
Advertisement

Old 08-26-2004, 03:44   #2 (permalink)
At the 3FB Cheese Wheel

Re: Sydney Motor Show Display - 17th October 2004

Come on people get involved.

This is a great day, you get to park right outside the doors of the motorshow for $5.

There is always club members around the cars so you have plenty of oppertunities to go and see the motorshow without worrying about the car.
Old 08-26-2004, 03:46   #3 (permalink)
LOWERED BA XR 6

Id like to be in this please,so put me down thanks
Winter White XR6 BA Lowered 2", King SSL Springs on rear and King Lows on front, Lenzo 19"rims,245 mm by 35 series tyres, Custom window tint,Fog light Covers,Car Bra,AWC High Rear wing,AWC XR8 CF Bonnet
My Car http://www.freewebs.com/mudzy/
Mudzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2004, 05:08   #4 (permalink)
waiting 4, 2nd Grandchild

Sounds like a great day that we unfortunately will be missing out on.

Last edited by JR; 08-26-2004 at 05:11. Reason: After three years the branches should know this is on
xrgran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2004, 21:15   #5 (permalink)
ACT FPV-TC member

I would be very interested in attending (can't confirm yet) but coming form ACT 7am means leaving pretty bloody early, or staying the night. However 8/8:30 is a bit more do-able. Do you think it would be absolutley neccessary to meet in wattle street at 7am?

AUII XR8 220kW manual, Liquid Silver, leather, Momo wheel & stick, sunroof, premium sound, premium brakes, bodykit, tints,
BMC filter, custom air ducting, Pacemaker extractors, high flow cats, custom 3" exhaust...
Oo==oO
Liquid_XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2004, 21:52   #6 (permalink)
At the 3FB Cheese Wheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid_XR8
I would be very interested in attending (can't confirm yet) but coming form ACT 7am means leaving pretty bloody early, or staying the night. However 8/8:30 is a bit more do-able. Do you think it would be absolutley neccessary to meet in wattle street at 7am?
Yes unfortunately is neccessary to met at 7am.

As we set up on a public courtyard we have to be there and in place before the motorshow opens. The crowds are huge so once in place the cars can not be moved or started until the display is over.
Old 08-28-2004, 14:56   #7 (permalink)
Australian EF XR8 Member

Do you have to be a member of the club to have a car on display
XR8 I7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2004, 17:40   #8 (permalink)

Hi XR817
Yes you have to be a member.
Our Insurances won't cover non members.

Steve
Old 08-29-2004, 00:18   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TICKIN
Hello All...
We will be having a Display again this year at Darling Harbour during the Sydney Motor Show.
Details are as follows....

Date: Sunday 17th October 2004
Venue: Darling Harbour Foreshore (outside convention centre)
Time: All cars must be in parked and not moved by 8:30 (latest) and packup time will be 4 or 5...

What we need is names.... Last year we had 35 cars and it was a great day, so looking to get the same amount this year.

We really need to put in an effort and get the numbers, we are getting this location paid for by the people running the Motor Show (it costs big $$$$ to hire the spot) Its very hard to get these kind of locations and its great they have recognised us and must have thought last year was god so we will have them back.... so we need to have a FULL turnout or simply we wont get it again!!!

Steve Lamb will be looking after this event for me while I am away. So please contact Steve & get your name in if you wish to attend.
I have a list of about 13 names i got at the last sydney club meeting and need to add to this..

For those that attended last year, the meeting spot will be at the same place, for those that werent there last year, here are the details:

Meeting Time: 7:00am (yes, its early)
Along side of one-way road (next to Wentworth Park Greyhounds track)
Cost: $5-as club donation (very cheap all day parking at darling harbour)
Packup time: 4:30 - 5:00pm.

There was plenty of room along the side of the road to have everyone stop.

You may want to bring flod up chairs, sunscreen etc...as it can become a long day.

Please look this up to ensure you know where your going and don't become lost on the day.

Please also be on time, we need to be leaving there by 7:15 at the latest and travelling in groups of 5-10 at a time down to darling harbour so we dont cause traffic jams trying to get in.

IMPORTANT................
PLEASE BRING WITH YOU SOME SORT OF DRIP TRAY TO PUT UNDER YOUR CAR........... this is a requirement of the Sydney Harbour Foreshore and anyone without one will NOT be able to have their car on display!!! Last year we had some people use flat pieces of cardboard.. this does not work, wind gets in a blows them away, so please ensure it is plastic/metal etc... or something heavy.

So far the list is as follows:
1. Power Ford Car
2. Brad Garlicks Car
3. Ben - EL XR8
4. Stretch & Cara - AU XR8
5. Hoppy - AU XR8
6. Billy - BA XR6 turbo
7. Aaron - AU XR6
8. Clint - BA XR6 turbo
9. Simon - AU XR8
10. Bev & Dave - EF XR6
11. Taxi Rob - AU XR8
12. Tony - BA XR6 turbo
13. Jamie - BA XR6 turbo

If anyone on the list can no longer attend, or anyone wants to add their name to the list please contact Steve Lamb ASAP.

Steve Lamb
0419 170 620
Sounds like a great day out - please put me down for the show - BA GT

Ciao - James
maydec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2004, 01:22   #10 (permalink)
Black 200kw wheel barrow

love to put my AU2 XR8 ute in this

cheers
Adam

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Regional Clubs and Events > On the Road in Australia