Ford Forums banner

ANOTHER THREE DAY CRUISE cup weekend 2005

5K views 34 replies 12 participants last post by  ORSMXR 
#1 ·
Well guys after the success of the first Three day Cruise here is the next one for Cup Weekend next year.
Get in quick as drivers are limited to 30 cars deposit must be paid to attend as this will be the ultimate cruise as some of the guys will tell you that came on the first one.
Must warn you it is a CRUISE for DRIVERS .

The next cruise will leave Ford Factory on Saturday morning and will head upto Albury and heading inland into the Snowy Mountains this is hwere we will spend the first night,then day 2 will spend touring the Snowy Mountains then down the Monaro Hwy along the coast back to Melbourne. all times and accomadation will depend on how many people come on this cruise

So to sign up just send me an email at Cruise@orsmxr.com

#2 ·
im in! only this year ill be there for the entire trip no matter what!

this year was a blast...352 days to go to the next one! woohoo!

:sook: :sook: :sook: :sook: :sook: :sook:

#4 ·
Yep. I'm in.

In fact, if you enjoy blasting through the mountains this is the best way to do it.

Please do not think you have to have a GT-P to be part of this cruise (though i'm sure Cam was more comforable than i was ;) ) I was here in 2004 with my XD and Dave in his ED and still had a great time.

Counting down the days once again...

Greg

#5 ·
Would be great to come over for a drive to vic, meet a heap of members, go see some old school friends. I'd like to put my name down but i don't know what im going to be doing in a years time :p

#7 ·
well i shall do my best, not gunna be a cheap weekend, lots of fuel + accomodation food etc etc. gunna have to put in a lot of work to get the money as well as keeping up with paying the car off and anything else that comes up in the meantime.
nevertheless i will start saving and i hope to see lots of you there

#8 ·
FordFan86, I'd say value for money wise, it'll be the best holiday you'll ever have and it wont be that expensive at all. Just make sure your car is up to scratch (ie, good brakes and tyres etc) and you've got a good two way radio you'll be right. This year's trip wasn't expensive at all.

#9 ·
*note to self* upgrade brakes, they dont stop quick enough as it is, get some 17's with 255 all round. go to dickhead smith (tm) and get a decent 2 way radio.
ok im all set, whats next? :p

#11 ·
Maybe Chris you could give the fellow FordForums members how much they might be up for next year ,such as accomodation,Food and fuel etc. that way they could budget for the trip.Just an idea.
Cheers John

#12 ·
Good idea John well l spent $520 comfortably maybe on this trip it would be nice to take atleast $700.
Still working on accomadation as we only need beds doesn't have to be to flash, maybe all share a cabin with 4 to 6 beds.
All depends on how many people we get to come as l have said must know numbers first up and deposit is refundable 2 months before departure date.

#15 ·
Hahaha, you know i'm saving this thread for proof you just said that ;)

Even though I had to pay 65cpl in places.... its still very cheap when you consider premium was about $1.20pl (i'm guessing a bit on that one... didn't really look!).

Only problem was making sure I had enough. When we got to the higher elevations it was chewing through so much fuel it was a joke!

#22 ·
dellboy999 if we were to camp this would take alot of time to set up and pull down each day which would take alot of drive time out of the day this is why we stay at motels.
this trip it cost about $80 for 2 nights accomadation and breakfast so as you can see the big expense is fuel as we paid nothing under $1.10 a litre.
And on the anniversary if she loves you she should understand and let you go and have fun with the boys LOL.

P.S just say l will make it up to you next weekend

#25 ·
ORSMXR said:
Good idea John well l spent $520 comfortably maybe on this trip it would be nice to take atleast $700.
Still working on accomadation as we only need beds doesn't have to be to flash, maybe all share a cabin with 4 to 6 beds.
All depends on how many people we get to come as l have said must know numbers first up and deposit is refundable 2 months before departure date.
not sure how much i spent on fuel...not that i was burning all of it!

but the accomodation was very well priced i thought, i think id prefer to do the motel thing again next year - it saves carrying doonas / pillows and all that stuff. I much prefer just to rock up at a motel, go out drinking, then fall into an already made bed...before waking up to a nice cooked breaky!!!

#26 ·
Dave you're not wrong l think next year will be fantastic might be able to find a new lover for DONKEY

And the accomadation l think is motels for sure as we check in and out and not have to worry about packing up and leaving and also less weight for the cars to carry

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.