Ford Forums banner

Anyone Want To Help Organise Some Driving Courses?

4K views 30 replies 17 participants last post by  Casper 
#1 ·
Hi Guys,

Im looking at organising a series of advanced driving courses similar to the ones AU1SIXA ran last year. It will be a series of 3 courses run by instructors in a controlled track environment. I will get in touch with Steve and find out all the details about organising them but at this stage im after an initial show of interest. The courses will be spread out over a couple of months so people have enough time to get money organised. Gimme a show of hands if your interested!

:edit:

Ok, i just had a look at the John Bowe site. Course prices are as follows:

1. Drive-to-Survive $235.00
2. Advanced Driving $266.00
3. High Performance $365.00

You are required to do the Drive-To-Survive course before you can complete either of the other 2 courses. I can contact them and see if i can organise a group discount if we get enough people with an interest. Once we guage how many people are likely to attend i will organise some dates etc. Anyone who want to check out the site for info and more details please visit this siteThe John Bowe Driving Experience

Cheers,
Brad

See less See more
#2 ·
id be interested in the High Performance Course for sure, i was spewing that i couldnt do it last time.

not sure if ill be doing the other ones though, but could be a possibility.

1. BlueAU
2. Tickford2001 - Hi-po definately, others maybe

#5 ·
1. BlueAU
2. Tickford2001 - Hi-po definately, others maybe
3. TeamKiwi - Hi-po only
4. xacoupe - Hi-po only

#8 ·
does anyone know if its possible to organise for it to be on a day when john instructs? i know that some clubs organise for john to be their instructor

#9 ·
I havn't done any course before. Considering the price I won't put my name down for anything just yet. I am interested though.

#10 ·
Brad im happy to help out with this. Should only take a few phone calls to pull some discounts off those prices. Anything you want to know just talk to me on msn if im around. Been flat out with school got some time off in a few weeks just got pressure with exams ATM.

Talk soon all

Steve B

#11 ·
Good to see you back on Steve. Probably catch you out again sometime.

#12 ·
Thanks Steve. Im waiting to get a few more responses at the moment. Unless i can get 10 or so people for each course i dont know if it will be worth going ahead with them.

#13 ·
One question; I'm doing a Jim Murcott (or whatever his name is) defensive level one course in 2 weeks. I'm guessing I'd still have to go do the John Bowe defensive course to do anything higher, yes?

#18 ·
Depending on the date (I need time to rack the money up) I'll go for a Hi-po too. Don't count on me 100% yet though.

#20 ·
These things were the best fun and the most eye opening driving experience i've ever had. I'd love to do them again - however just don't have the funds this time around.

#21 ·
C'mon guys! Get some friends to put their names down too! At this stage i have 5 for Hi-Po and only 2 for the lead up courses. I want atleast 10 people for a course before i apporach John Bowe.

#25 ·
Gotta wait a bit mate, as i said, I want atleast 10 poeple per course vefore i start organising anything.

#26 ·
Yer thats ok. I'm looking forward to it... except using my own car.. i dunno how the wagon will handle it, but i suppose thats what its all about. I'll have to remember to fill RIGHT up, or ill run out of petrol during the day.

Hrmm.. might see if i can borrow a XR8 ute =)

-Dale

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.