April 13: Brisbane meet and Camp!!!!!!!! - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Regional Clubs and Events > On the Road in Australia
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

On the Road in Australia This area is for talkin about your tours, meets, and trips in Australia.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-19-2003, 02:22   #1 (permalink)
Qld Rep 4 E Series Club.

Wink Brisbane meet and Camp!!!!!!!!

Hello all,

By know those of you who are in my members list would have received an email regarding the next offical meet.This is an reminder to those who haven't checked there accounts or who's emails I don't have.

The perposal is for a meet in late Feburary and early March.Know I have mentioned to you all in the past couple of meets and posts about a possible camp near some sort of water,i.e dam or lake within the hour or 2 drive.Most of you then were all for it which is good to see.I think I said it might be in late January but I figured like myself time off and money's spent over the Xmas break would stop most of us which is fare enough.That's the reason in the change of date.

What do you guys think about this idea??I have a couple of camping/lake spots in mind and weekends to do it in.So far I have had about 4 replys and all with good sugestions.But more would be appreciated.

If you didn't recieve an email from myself I applogise for this but you can send me a hoy on lukeyn39@hotmail.com.

Hope to hear from you all soon.

Cya Lukey.

QLD REP 4 EA-ED club.
lukeyn039 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-20-2003, 01:09   #2 (permalink)
Wanna Be Ford Owner

Thumbs up Camping Good Idea!!!!!

Hey Lukey,

I received your email. I haven't got any suggestions, sorry the only places that I have been to have all been in a 4wd. I don't think that the guys would want to take their babies on dirt tracks that are quite a distance. Only suggestion is though somewhere up the coast, maybe around Montville area.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help

See ya

Jo
I Want A Ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2003, 02:18   #3 (permalink)
Qld Rep 4 E Series Club.

Wink Thanks

G'day Jo,

How's things,Tugboat ok??I was beggining to wonder if I was the only 1 left in the EA-ED club.Thanks for replying.I tell I lie I have received 5 email replys to my email I have sent out to you all but its better then none at all.

I agree and that I don't think to many of us would be acustomed to some 4wd in our Falcons,thats me included.I'l put Montville down anyway.

Cya Lukey.

QLD REP 4 EA-ED club.
lukeyn039 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2003, 04:20   #4 (permalink)
Birth, Drift, Death...

yeah, 4wding is cool, as long as the biggest obstacle we encounter is a small pebble!!!!

yeah im up for it, is there a long weekend coming up that we can use, either for 3 days camping or 2 days camping and 1 day at home recovering lol.

sitll want to go to the bloody drive inns one night!!! but no girlfriend any more so prolly wont be much fun

197.4hp at the wheels, 14.505@152.46km/h
Tuning in progress...
*CLICK TO SEE MY XR6*
I can get new Genuine Holden/Ford/Audi/Land Rover/Honda parts cheap, PM me!
Rollin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2003, 22:50   #5 (permalink)
96 EF Futura

I would still really like to go as long as its not too far north. hehe..
There is a beautiful spot just outside of boonah, near beaudesert but that may be a little far for some people (?) it has a relatively small entry fee, but has hot showers, toilets and a kiosk etc, lots of cunning little possums that basically sit on your foot too! it isnt far from boonah damn...but im not sure what activities are available at the damn ( huge damn ) What does everyone think? too far? its about an hour and a half drive from Brisbane. Oh it does have a long dirt road to get in but its relatively smooth..one or two cattle grids though, but they shouldnt be a problem even for the super low falcs. It also has its own little waterhole for swimming which is nice and clean. Lots of open space and green grass

Lowered EF Futura
Black Steelies ( too cheap to buy proper mags )
SiX_iN_a_RoW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2003, 00:31   #6 (permalink)
400 kg ego

Re: Thanks

Quote:
Originally posted by lukeyn039
I was beggining to wonder if I was the only 1 left in the EA-ED club.

QLD REP 4 EA-ED club.
That's EA-EL now, remember

1989 Ford Fairmont Ghia turbo/GL replica (underway)
1994 Eunos 800M
1990 Ford Laser S
Troutman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2003, 03:00   #7 (permalink)
Wanna Be Ford Owner

biggrin Ford Forever

Hey Lukey,

Thing are good, and Tug Boat is fine. Tug Boat doesn't have a comp. of his own that is connected to the internet. I usally relay message to him or he has to come to my house and use mine.... But that happens rarely. U can put montville down but I don't know of any camping grounds around there. I just think it's a nice place. Have you looked into camping in caravan parks.
Visit this site:
http://www.maleny.net.au/sunweb/places/booloumba.html

See Ya

Jo
I Want A Ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2003, 03:35   #8 (permalink)
Professional P Plater

hey i guess wivenhoe is out now cos of bastard terrorists? if you didn't here there was a plot to blow up the wivenhoe dam. the place near boonah sounds good.
Old 01-22-2003, 14:11   #9 (permalink)
Ford Member

frown

Yo lukey can we organise a sat night cruise b4 then to go to BWCP or sometin cause i wont be bale to come camping..

hard to get a whole week
'wezz-svo' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2003, 06:22   #10 (permalink)
FastFords.org Owner

six in a row i know where u mean its nice out there. The group from fastfords.org on th coast are planning a cruise over the easter long weekend so if you guys can hold off we all should go together, but we were thinking of goin to northen NSW which may be a bit far for some of u guys. Anyway if ur interested email me webmaster@fastfords.org
New ride: EB GHIA, 5sp manual, pod filter, lightened flywheel, 9" diff conversion, locker, Superlows all round, full EB GT body kit, extractors and Zorst, EF XR8 wheels, Recaro Seats, GT Wheel and more.
Kenwood head deck, Sony Xpload 4" fronts and 6" backs and 300WRMS Fostgate 12" powered by avantgarde 250W RMS Amp. .
Turbo build now underway
Visit The new Re-Designed FastFords.org
FastFords is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Regional Clubs and Events > On the Road in Australia