Aussie Wide meet - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Regional Clubs and Events > On the Road in Australia
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

On the Road in Australia This area is for talkin about your tours, meets, and trips in Australia.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-24-2002, 19:51   #1 (permalink)
ex ea driver

Aussie Wide meet

well i was chattin the Skirmish, and we had this ****ED up idea about havin a aussie wide meet, so all of the EA's aroudn could b in 1 place, like say up airs rock. or somewhere.. CRAZY thought i know, but have a laugh.. and tell me what yas think.....

B.T.W. this woudl b a long term thing to organise..
Catch yas Jason
CATman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-24-2002, 21:58   #2 (permalink)
The Goodz

Hahahaha ahh man I don't know whether to take this seriously or not! Such a thing would just simply not be possible for most people, as A LOT of time would have to be taken off work, a lot of money will be lost, and for what, a 1 day meet? 1 week? And if I were to drive to the red center, I'd take the 'Cruiser.

But I must admit, in a fairy tale world where that could be possible, it would be awesome.

Alex
Old 04-25-2002, 07:14   #3 (permalink)
LET EM' RIPPP

LOL... well said.

Dude, all that dust, there is no way I'll be taking the EA there, even if you did manage to pull the whole thing off.

I gotta hand it to ya for creativity though
Old 04-25-2002, 09:17   #4 (permalink)
400 kg ego

hehe well the closest thing possible to that would be, for example, having NSW people cruise south and Vic people cruise north and meet halfway for an event. But even that would be a long term thing to arrange, and I wouldn't see it happening soon.

1989 Ford Fairmont Ghia turbo/GL replica (underway)
1994 Eunos 800M
1990 Ford Laser S
Troutman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2002, 11:18   #5 (permalink)
89 DA LTD 3.9MPI

Hehe, funny idea. Its funny because you're asking a whole bunch of EAs, of all cars, to drive thousands of km in really harsh conditions. I'd be surprised if 5 people actually made it to the destination

--ath0-- ....gone
Zomwit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2002, 12:03   #6 (permalink)
The Goodz

What, you don't think the old EA's would make it? Oh ye of little faith! I am 100% confident of my LTD whether it's a 20km trip to a friends house, or a 20,000km trip around australia, and this is without servicing or anything, just jump in as it is right now.

If I could afford it I would take the LTD to the red center straight away! I have a mate who's family took a Magna up the Oodnadatta track, the scraped the bottom a few times but no damage. It made it no worries.

Alex
Old 04-25-2002, 12:28   #7 (permalink)
ex ea driver

aussie wide meet

well as i said have a laugh and get back to me, i was b'in a little serious, but i also thought that it would b good for a laugh, if it did happen it would b good, but i'm not holdin my breath, but maby in the future when there r more ppl in the club, we could do it, but maby not that the extreeme of goin up to the NT...
catch yas Jason
Old 04-25-2002, 15:32   #8 (permalink)
LET EM' RIPPP

Re: aussie wide meet

LOL.. I can just picture my EA suck on a bump in the middle of the desert, with the subs pumping

Would be an interesting one.
Old 04-25-2002, 21:52   #9 (permalink)
timkershaw

This is Such a wicked IDea. .Just dont think it would be able to pull off.
to many people trying to get the same time off. and all get there
then we also have the problem of making the Ea's get that far haha.
as you said like wise mine would be stuck on some big ase bump in the middle of fk nowhere LOL

I wish it could happen though i woudl so be in for it..

Good idea Anyway ..
Old 04-26-2002, 16:33   #10 (permalink)
ex ea driver

as i said it was a weird idea the just poped into my head, it woudl b gr8 if it happened, but, i didn't think it would
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Regional Clubs and Events > On the Road in Australia