Brisbane E_series Members Please Read - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Regional Clubs and Events > On the Road in Australia
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

On the Road in Australia This area is for talkin about your tours, meets, and trips in Australia.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-13-2004, 02:37   #1 (permalink)
FCT Blue eyed bucket (TM)

Brisbane E_series Members Please Read

ok guys, i know there has been a heap of arguements about official and non official meets and i know we haven't had many official ones lately and i have asked luke about it as i'm here almost everynight and see him at work, the issue is that the brisbane e-series e-mail list is not current or else no one checks there e-mails, Luke has tried sending quite a few e-mails regarding dates and events but no one ever replies so how about we all pm our latest e-mail addresses to luke and get the brisbane e-series club up and running at peak and show everyone how strong the e-series representation is up here in sunny QLD.

cheers
Mark.
Cobalt_bucket is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-13-2004, 05:19   #2 (permalink)
THE VILLAGE LUNITIC

Re: Brisbane E_series Members Please Read

yea fair enough, but for some stupid reason they always seem to take months to organise and then only half the ppl turn out.... we have regular unofficial meets because it gives everyone a chance to join as well as the regulars who dont have quarms about fuel etc.

White NL Fairlane Ghia, 'TQE', Superlows, Limo Tint, Pacemaker Tuned length comp spec extractors and lukey exhaust system with 5L cat, ported/polished head to flow 330hp, custom grind AU BILLET cam, chiptorque HP4 reprogramable chip, Alpine MP3/DVD/CD headunit, 550W alpine V series AMP, 12' Alpine Sub, 18" Advanti Chrome Alloys.

191.3RWHP 15.301@92MPH willowbank raceway. ghay 3.08 single spinner:(
UNR8D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2004, 07:01   #3 (permalink)
Qld Rep 4 E Series Club.

Thanks Mark thats not totally ture though.I have recieved about 5 emails in total.But I do agree it has died in the ass a bit.Ryan like I mentioned in another post now Iam competing with other meets'unoffical' like you said.Due to the lack of interest (in offical)e.t.c unoffical meets pop up making it hard to set a date for offical stuff. Offical meets get drawn out,we also have lives outside this screen.Do you think I should start trying to have meets every month.I would love to start this again like in the begining.

Cya Lukey.

Proud TQE Operator
lukeyn039 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2004, 18:13   #4 (permalink)

exactly lukey "like the beginning"(5 emails from about 60 members hmmmm )

and yes email updates is the best idea i heard in a long time,hopefully ppl can email lukey and yeah lukey monthly meets are a must just so official stuff gets back into a rythem and yeah lets get e series qld back on the right track with more official meets,oh lukey i give ya my email addy??? i send ya one in pm now then if i havent
cars are a lethal weapon,your not invinsible when you get into one,and no matter how much skill you think you have,you are never in control you are always on the edge of death it may not happen today but if you keep driving like you do,you too will end up dead!
hoon69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2004, 20:44   #5 (permalink)
disarm you with a smile

ill be up for it when I get up there in a couple of weeks, but Ill be driving an AU not an E-Series
Old 10-13-2004, 21:11   #6 (permalink)
do YOU have rubber?

I think that people will ditch unofficial meets for official ones should they be in conflict. Besides, once a few official ones start popping up the unofficial ones will die. It really is that simple. The reason why people pull out is because suggestions linger so long. The reason why they linger is because the dates change to try to accommodate everyone. We all know this can't be done. The answer is simple. Put up a poll and STICK TO THE DATE THAT THE MAJORITY are happy with. Too bad too sad if someone (including myself) can't make a particular date. I certainly wouldn't expect everyone else to change his or her plans for me. Secondly, so that people who miss out do feel included, we should have similar events scheduled close to one another (where reasonable). That way if you can't make one you can make the 2nd one. I'm sure most people would be happy attending both anyway. The drivin was a good example. I suggested going two weekends in a row. We had a great turnout once someone said "we are going on this night, like it or lump it". Had we have done the same with the following weekend I'm sure the few that missed out would have felt included then too. I fully support whatever you put your name to Lukey. I never intend to detract from your position, merely to lend a helping hand as someone who is on the forums for 8 hours a day and has a bit more time to make phone calls etc. My persistence with dates is meant to compliment your efforts toward the club, not detract from them.

Anyway I'm rambling. The important points are
1. You can't please everyone so don't reschedule because one or two regulars can't make it.
2. Set a time limit on organising a poll or discussion for event dates. One or two weeks and then that's it... date finalised.

I very much look forward to seeing the broader Brisbane group becoming a bit more synchronised.

Oh and as an aside, regardless of how it's come across, none of the material that I've posted on this topic has meant to be inflammatory. I just wish to make the point that unofficial activity is bread from a lack of official activity. They are mutually exclusive with minimal overlap time. Any efforts I make can only be unofficial but I'd prefer that to not organising anything at all.

QED.
!Gn|T|0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2004, 23:00   #7 (permalink)
disarm you with a smile

ignition makes good points...
Old 10-15-2004, 05:14   #8 (permalink)
Qld Rep 4 E Series Club.

Well guys and gals,

It makes me feel good to see there is support for the offical stuff.

Iam hoping that everybody gets into the rythem as well Ronnie,set a date once a month if you come you come if you don't then theres next month.I did get your email too.

Paul I hope everyone thinks the same way as you in that if the offical stuff gets up and people will ditch the unoffical and go to the offical.I do find it hard to please everybody I guess Iam a nice guy.LOL.But I will take on board what you have said Paul in that 'Stick to a date that the Majority rule' are happy with and the other inputs you have posted.Sticking to a date has worked but in some cases a date has been set and then everyone pulls out so the post gets moved on and on.To my surprise short notice and a date that I picked worked on the last camp and we had a good turn up to that.We all remember how long the planning was with that camp I think it was about 6 months.I know you are not tring to steal my top spot,I apprecate your help and support muchly as with everyone elses.I know I don't have 8 hours in front of the forums like your self, the only time I see a computer screen is after work and some days I just come home do my thing then hit the hay.So it is really good to have eyes and fingers helping me when I can't.Thanks.

slave AU's are welcome.One of our members has moved up from an EA to an AU at the start of the year and he still attends meets.

Cya Lukey.

Proud TQE Operator
lukeyn039 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Regional Clubs and Events > On the Road in Australia