Ford Forums banner

Brisbane Night Time Meets

3K views 25 replies 12 participants last post by  hoon69 
#1 ·
to all the guys from brisbane, we seem to have a few of us who are all regulars and seem to like to hang out on a weekly or fourtnightly basis either on a Thursday Friday or Saturday night at various destinations, the purpose of this thread would be to gain interest to do an informal but regular meets and have certain spots / times to meet and cruze together for those who are interested i would be happy to organise these for us, I am cruzing brisbane more then what i am at home so i would play an active role in this week to week cruzing as most would already know.

i would be very interested to get peoples oppinions and thoughts on this, if you dont want me do continue with this idea that is perfectly fine as well, it was just a thought and id be happy to put in the work to make it effective:):):)

cheers all
UNR8D

#2 ·
How do you mean? Varying the meeting spots every week or having a set cruise every week? I'm keen to maintain the Harry's thing on Fridays although it is starting to get a bit crowded and the number of cops there is growing! Did you have any specific locations in mind?

#3 ·
what i meant was that people will meet on a thurs night at either Roma St Parklands or Aspley Hypermarket, Friday night at Harrys at Newmarket, and Saturday nights are BWCP. what i was hoping to do is maybe people that are interested in either all three or just one of these cruzes is to get an organised group to cruze on either or all of these nights but have a centeral meeting spot or an area big enough for us all to meet before cruzing, the reason is there are alot of E series and even AU-BA's out there but if they are on the forums and we can get a group Together then it would make for a good night out. just my 2 c worth.

UNR8D

#5 ·
dude me and you are fine its just a few others that see us around know the site but dont know who WE are, its just a thread so we can organise who is going where on a certain night, it may not work but you dont know till you try it.

#6 ·
Used to go to Aspley and Harry's. Haven't been in ages.. Don't know anyone there anymore.
Probably might have seen you all around. Just have no idea who you all are..

#7 ·
exactly my point:) if people like yourself would like to join in please do, the more ppl the better:)

#8 ·
I'm usually in anything as you guys know... maybe just make the places and times a little more permanent...

also we can get an e-mail list happening so we can let others know if we are gonna do anything.

I used to be on a LAN mailing list and there was a central e-mail account that people could e-mail and it would automatically forward to all on the list, does anyone know how to go about such a setup.... ahh it was called listserve or something?

Listserve would be good for telling local cruisers about cruises....

#9 ·
sounds interesting, i dont mind setting up an Email contact account etc send ur email addys thru pm or just post here and ill add you as tey come through, and send out emails of details of cruze times etc as they happen:)

#11 ·
already added:)

#12 ·
i'm usually around Harry's on a friday night, in the green machine. Often see UNR8's NL and ignition's Ghia parked there... next time i'll wander over and say hi

#13 ·
Kool kool:) r u going this friday by ne chance?

#15 ·
nah, i don't think we have mate... i stopped cruising with the e-series dudes before you joined up

i'm gonna try for this friday night... although i do have 4 x 3000 word essays due tuesday, none of which are finished...

plus i lost the bloody petrol cap from the ZH... might have to pick up a new one before i go too far... (note to self: don't fuel up while hungover and trying to eat a macca's breakfast)

#17 ·
mate as of last night i found out that Roma st is now finished cops/BBC now have closed off the parklands till 11:30 so a new meeting spot is in order, possibly a formal meet at aspley or if we can find a spot closer to city limits i will let you know:) next thrus ill be out and about for sure so u say were you would like to meet or where you know and ill meet you there go for a cruze:)

cheers
UNR8D

#22 ·
If your looking for a new spot, milton maccas has a pretty big car park, but thurdays its ricers from one end to the other :(.

Wohooo! 200 posts, man i'm a whore.

#24 ·
so besides the usual thing we have going in eseries meets its just so ppl who dont know us but seen us around can join in the fun of (cruising) to spos to see nice rides..

cool

thursdays aspley/milton/roma st
friday harrys
saturday bwcp
sunday espy cruising

i only cruise 2 nights a week anyhow,ATM i have no ride :p she broken..
out again soon though might catch backup with you's then..

#26 ·
IM BACK!!!!
*giggles*

sundays has always been cruising time down the coast,roma st was always bound to happen,so you just move on i guess..

anyways im a passengers as of 10am today *naughty boys room* so i may see you's out soon.. :p

cheers

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.