Calder Park Meet - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Regional Clubs and Events > On the Road in Australia
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

On the Road in Australia This area is for talkin about your tours, meets, and trips in Australia.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2002, 03:21   #1 (permalink)
NZ
feed me hey

Calder Park Meet

Hi Everyone.

Jack and I have had a few discussions about this recently.
I have been making a few enquiries about hiring Calder Park for a meet. This would mean that we could race, do burnouts etc and it would be legal.

I managed to get in contact with a guy today and here's the details:

Calder Park to hire right out for a day costs heaps! The club could buy a couple of good EA's or maybe Bass's Ea plus another $1000.
So that idea was not possible.

Here's what the dude at Calder Suggested:
We should turn up on one of their Sunday Legal Off Road Drag days as a club. This would mean we can get discounts and a few perks. At the moment anyone off the street would have to pay $55 if they had a car and $17 if they were a spectator. We can get that down to $45 per car and $10 per spectator. We also get our own club space in the infield to do with what we wish, be it a barbque or something. They will also provide trophies for fastest car, slowest car etc. The club would have its own numbering system for the drags. Cars will be scruitineered at the start and checked for tires, oil leaks, catch cans etc. I asked about what would pass and what wouldnt. For example my car, the power steering has a "sweat". With a clean up, that would pass. A constant drip wouldn't.

If it all sounds good till now, heres the catch:

The next Legal Drag Day they have is on Oct 28th.
The one after that is Nov 24th.

I feel October is too close for proper organising. The November date is also the same day as the Springnats on in Shepperton, so tunout may be limited on that day, although this may limit the turnout to a smaller number which may be a bit better. There are no days in Dec when this is happening either. There is also rumours of the Ford Tour on the 30th of Nov.

There is usually about 120 cars there on the day so a competitor may get 8 runs in

We have thought about inviting the CCC along as well which would be an awesome day but there may be the problem of having too many cars involved which may limit the amount of runs people get.

We need your Comments please!
Advertisement

Old 10-08-2002, 03:43   #2 (permalink)
E-Series Acting VP

LOL. I just commented on this in the other thread...

Anyways, this sounds like an excellent idea to me. I'd love to take my baby down to the drags for a run. The cheaper cost, trophies, club space, etc. only serve to sweeten the deal.

However, I think that some people might be a bit reluctant to go, due to them feeling that their car is not built for speed. So we'd need to somehow show people that it would be all in the name of fun, and it wouldn't really matter how you finished....

Cheers,
Dave

Thanatos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2002, 04:35   #3 (permalink)
PAST EA TYCOON

sounds good, if we finalise it, can you send out e-mails again like you did with the Last meet.

otherwise im in, hope to see people there, will be good advertising for the club too.

Thanks, Scott.
SOLD
EvilEA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2002, 17:31   #4 (permalink)

Well I would have the slowest car trophy wrapped up for sure. That's if I decided to run. Either way I would come along as a spectator to lend my support to the club.

This sounds like it would be a really fun day. I also think that it would be a big step forward for the club to organise something like this.
Kenaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2002, 18:47   #5 (permalink)
NZ
feed me hey

I was talking with Peter Bridge from Calder again today. Here are next years dates for the Sunday Off Street Legal Drags:

26TH Jan
23RD Feb
30TH Mar
27TH Apr
25TH May
22ND Jun
27TH Jul
24TH Aug
28TH Sep
26TH Oct
30TH Nov
21ST Dec
NZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2002, 23:37   #6 (permalink)
NZ
feed me hey

OK Guys, I had to break a few knee caps for this. If we can get 100 cars, we may beable to get our own day. Its a bit close to christmas however being Sunday 21st. Im thinking lets make the Holdens, the XR Club etc part of this to get numbers...
Old 10-09-2002, 00:48   #7 (permalink)
400 kg ego

Quote:
Originally posted by NZinAUS
OK Guys, I had to break a few knee caps for this. If we can get 100 cars, we may beable to get our own day. Its a bit close to christmas however being Sunday 21st. Im thinking lets make the Holdens, the XR Club etc part of this to get numbers...
I'll enquire with the CCC for some responses right away. And we'll inform the XR club in good time too.. :)

1989 Ford Fairmont Ghia turbo/GL replica (underway)
1994 Eunos 800M
1990 Ford Laser S
Troutman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2002, 02:46   #8 (permalink)
Ford Anti B&S Squad

Hey NZINAUS.

The CCC explored this idea in june this year. It worked out to be very complicated and alot of people just ran around in circles.
Its a VERY good idea , but it needs a big planning time and people who will actually go!!!!!!!!!!

Tristan
EA90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2002, 23:37   #9 (permalink)
NZ
feed me hey

Unfortunatly it seems the days we have avalible aren't really suitable for a big turnout which is needed for the day to happen. I am exploring some other options at the moment to perhaps have a day next year. Thank you to those who showed enthusisam. Hopefully we will get more support next time.

I will keep you posted people!

Karl
NZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2002, 06:48   #10 (permalink)
Ford Veteran

bah u guys organise all this now when i cant go in. i wont be able to for ages, few car proms
gmanEA is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Regional Clubs and Events > On the Road in Australia